Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Esper Graphics

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Recently I have been editing FFVI (US Version 1.0 SNES) and have not been able to change a specific esper graphic so the enemy disappears instead of the commanding party (the esper in question is Bahamut, and I am trying to get an enemy to use it)

I succeeded in the enemy using it but it's just a matter of getting the enemy to disappear instead of the party. Should I just try to mess a bit more with the custom animations (using the FF6 Miscellaneous Data Editor) or is the disappearing act part of a separate animation from the attack?
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
It sounds like to me you're wanting the enemy to cast "Bahamut" and it to kill both parties, or at least the enemy party who casted it. If that's the case, I can help you with the script if needed, you shouldn't need to edit FF6MDE at all for it that I can think of.
  Find

Status
None
(06-06-2009, 10:29 AM)Zeemis Wrote: It sounds like to me you're wanting the enemy to cast "Bahamut" and it to kill both parties, or at least the enemy party who casted it. If that's the case, I can help you with the script if needed, you shouldn't need to edit FF6MDE at all for it that I can think of.

Not quite, I succeeded in the enemy casting Bahamut, the battle script making it do so and the party that gets damaged all seems to work just fine, it's just that when Bahamut is casted by the enemy party, the player's party disappears during the animation of Bahamut, I want to reverse that so the enemy that casts Bahamut disappears for that short time instead

This is also because I replaced the sprite for Bahamut with the sprite of the specific enemy I want casting it, I'm using FFVIMDE so I can change the animation to see if the player's party disappearing is part of the 3 part animation of Bahamut (a good majority of the rest of the editing is just with FF3usME V. 6.5 and FF3se...the only thing I haven't really used very much is FF6LE)

I guess I'll just test some stuff to see which 14-bit Animation string triggers the player's party's disappearing act for now.
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Ah I see what you want now. I never really thought of doing that, and I have made it so enemies can summon espers.
I don't really think that's possible, but theirs always that possibility.
The way everyone uses FF6MDE is that you fiddle with the bytes, they aren't labled and neither are where you put those bytes. It's all guessing until you get the hang of it.
My only guess is that you find an attack that makes it so the enemy disappears and reappears. Find the correct bits for what makes him dis/reappear and change the bits you need for the existing attack.
  Find

Status
None
Well, I was able to stop the player's party from disappearing, and the attack still goes through but now the animation somehow durred itself or something since the esper doesn't come up anymore when the enemy uses it (as in, Bahamut no longer rises up to blow that large amount of fire...but the flame animation is still there)

So I guess it kind of works, but I guess I'll go try something a little different to make the enemy disappear for a bit (the only thing that comes to mind is the Jump command so I'll try to play a bit with that)
  Find