Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Title: Zeemis' Edgar Palette Swap
By: Zeemis, Lenophis, Poco Loco
Description:
The first thing I'd like to note is that without Lenophis's help, this entire patch wouldn't be possible. The idea of this was both Poco Loco's and mine.
With that being said, this patch simply swaps Edgars palette with palette #7. In essence, it puts Edgar on palette #7 instead of him sharing it with #0. This patch is made for hackers, it's not a gameplay improvement like my other patches. The save file is a "MUST HAVE"!
Without it, it recognizes the rom as not being altered, even though I hex edited the rom. If you don't want to use the save I've provided because you have your own, just swap palettes with Edgar via SRam hacking. Put his palette on #7.
*Note*
Just because the editors think that Edgar is still using it's default palette of 00, it's really on 07. If you find a flaw, please reply to this submission. Without a modified save file, this will not work. It won't recognize the changes.

Download:
http://users.sephiroth.ws/Zemious/paletteswap.zip

Screenshot:
[Image: imgshk.png][Image: imgshk.png]
  Find

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
why is Edgar in the fight White????
i mean at the screenshot!

Wurmi: ... i live in Peach`s castle together with Mario...you don`t know how bad that is D:
Mario: is this so bad?
Wurmi: *cries*
Mario: don`t worry i am here Laugh
Wurmi: UWAAAAH! D;

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Because his palette was swapped. The point of the patch is that Edgar isn't on palette 0 anymore. This gives rom hackers more options.
  Find

Status
None
AAAA. i dont get it... i only Q why he is white... thats the only thing i want to know...

Wurmi: ... i live in Peach`s castle together with Mario...you don`t know how bad that is D:

Threads: 25
Status
None
I'm assuming Edgar is white durring battle because his battle palette (overworld palettes and battle palettes are two separate palettes and sheets.) This can be easily edited/fixed with the Relm editor. Simply open the editor, select the sprite sheet that you wish to edit (in this case Edgar's slot), uncheck the box that says auto, click the up arrow on the box that signifies which palette is in use until it says palette 7. Now click battle, this will switch the palette from the default overworld palette to the battle palette. Now normally you wouldn't have to edit the battle palette because editing the overworld also edits the battle palette, however on the flip side, editing the battle palette DOES NOT edit the overworld palette*. Once you are on the battle palette, edit away! Laugh

* A warning: be sure you are done editing the overworld sprites before you edit the battle sprites, this will not mess up anything, but if you finish overworld first, then things are simplified much much more.

Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find

Status
None
Ok! that also helps me to give Umaro a own Palette now i can have Pikachu and Heartles.LaughLaugh
Thanks!

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
(10-18-2010, 08:26 PM)WrexSoul45 Wrote: I'm assuming Edgar is white durring battle because his battle palette (overworld palettes and battle palettes are two separate palettes and sheets.) This can be easily edited/fixed with the Relm editor. Simply open the editor, select the sprite sheet that you wish to edit (in this case Edgar's slot), uncheck the box that says auto, click the up arrow on the box that signifies which palette is in use until it says palette 7. Now click battle, this will switch the palette from the default overworld palette to the battle palette. Now normally you wouldn't have to edit the battle palette because editing the overworld also edits the battle palette, however on the flip side, editing the battle palette DOES NOT edit the overworld palette*. Once you are on the battle palette, edit away! Laugh

* A warning: be sure you are done editing the overworld sprites before you edit the battle sprites, this will not mess up anything, but if you finish overworld first, then things are simplified much much more.

u need 2 realize though the over world palette #7 is the magitek armor

Zeemis needed to set the over world to palette #9 and the battle to # 7 and make sure they were the same color

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC