Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Vivi attempt

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
well there is no problem with making his body @ all, however the 2 major issues are the size of his hat (which will require intense amounts of editing and idk how Ren wants it) and the fact that he uses too many colors (apparently more then I thought)

here is an attempt @ him

[Image: imgshk.png]

here are the issues, there are too many colors which consist of his hat (technically 5 yellows, I reduced it to 3 yellows and white and it looks fine)

another is the fact that he has 3 types of brown and 2 types of dark red, so I made everything the dark red, and there is also a light green, so I recycled it to light blue

he also has 2 other shades of gray, so I used 1 and it goes a long with white

there are many restrictions and too few materials to work with

Ren I must ask you since this is for you, do you want me to work with what I can?

or try to make a custom Vivi (the shape of his body is not the trouble its the hat, and again with the coloring issues)?

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
To be perfectly honest... I think you made the sprite too tall...lol I like the way it looks as is, but perhaps you could knock a pixel off? For some reason I feel his face is just too long....

if you can make his face less long (by knocking off a pixel) than I would prefer you continue as you are, I like this very much.

If you can't make his face less longish looking, then this is perfectly fine and I would ask you to continue it like this. ^-^
  Find

Status
None
well the only thing is his hat actually, thats all I cut off

if you were to see him in the editor you would see his is no taller then Strago and Relm, but his hat alone is the size of 1 and a half people =/ oh and I did manage to tweak it just a bit in order to add the green to his pants (1 shade unfortunately)

I will try and knock off the pixel for his face and maybe it should look fine, if not I'll just keep doing what I am doing

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
alright! I can't wait until its done! ^-^
  Find

Status
None
I will continue him today Wink

-HNIC

Status
None
Arigato!!! Smile
  Find

Status
None
here is a look @ Vivi's progress

he is approx 40%~45%

here is how he is coming along

[Image: imgshk.png]

-HNIC

Status
None
I like it, I have a suggestion for his dead sprite, when you make it you should make it to look as if he just fell down with his arms outstretched and everything (if you know vivi you know how many times he falls down, lol)
  Find

Status
None
do u mean like how I made Kuja's dead sprite?

-HNIC

Status
None
Yeah, but naturally his hat will cover most of the head and trail back.
  Find