Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
how do i fix palettes

Status
None
ok i am not a noob what so ever but this is a problem everytime i try to import a character the other characters get messed up? how can i fix this? everytime i try to change a characters color back to what it was it messes up the other characters colors? any help?

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
what do you mean exactly?

like changing the palette altogether?

characters share palettes, so if you change 1, the others sharing the same palette will change too (this includes NPCs as well)

but what exactly did you change?

another note is that if you use the last 4 colors, the characters look all messed up in battle

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
i am wanting to have each character keep there normal colors without it changing the colors of another character....everytime i try to fix the colors its changes the color of all the characters under that palette...is there anyway to assign a character his own palette? or something to make so i can have multiple characters without messed up graphic colors

Status
None
you cant there are just characters that share the colour pallets

Status
None
well thats why we use bin files (in the relm editor)

lets make things clear tho, you want to add custom chars but keep the palettes?

or use more palettes then available?

because you can't use more palettes then there are and you would need to ASM hack chars in order to give them a different palette

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
ok well what i am trying to do is have cecil both light and dark , kain cloud, sephiroth and a few others but the colors just don't want to work with me at all...and where do i get the relm editor? i already know how to make bins

Status
None
well man what you would have to do is recycle, plain and simple

rearrange the colors so that they can go along with others

but these guys all look way too different and it wont work, maybe DK Cecil and Kain but that is pushing it all the same

they are gonna all have 2 have similar colors due to the game's limitation

sorry but that's how shit goes man =/

-HNIC

Status
None
that sucks i really wanted them all in 1 hack...........

Status
None
well its not that they cant all be in it, they r just gonna have 2 share colors to some extent

-HNIC

Status
None
i know but whats the fun of having a character in the game if it doesn't look like its suppose to be