Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
custom boss sprite WIP.

Status
None
Hello, everyone. I'm new here.

Pixel art is one of my favorite styles, and I would like to hear some feedback on a little somthing I whipped up not long ago.

(this is not a submission, at least not yet)

Its not finished, and looks very plain, but its coming along nicely..

[Image: test.png]

im going to add a mist effect around her.

She's supposed to be like a forest spirit.

Just wanted to know what you guys thought. Nice to meet you all.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
hmm it actually looks nice Smile

if you are really into pixel art, you would be perfect for making custom enemy sprites Smile

I could use a man like you on my team Wink lol

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Here's the head of a dragon i'm also working on.

[Image: Newdragon.png]

I was wondering, is there a way to make the sprite of a boss change in the middle of battle?

Like a script that replaces it with a new monster?

Status
None
well the best thing to look at is the Chandarnook script to have a basic idea on how it is done

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
I think it has something to do with having both "Monsters" in the same formation, but one of them visualy disabled, such as the first boss, Whelk; when it pulls it's head inside the shell. There's a script code that basicly makes the secondary form appear/disappear at will.

Now, with THAT said, Poco Loco is right. The idea you're looking for can be found in Chandarnook. Of course you might want to find some other way to do that other than 'It changes whenever it feels like it.'

There's an enemy that can be fought once you've escaped from the Magitek Factory, but BEFORE you fight the crane bosses; it's a flying enemy robot, which, when killed will summon a random ammount of another enemy mech to attack you. I'm pretty sure if you want a boss which, when killed it changes forms to a whole new monster, this script event may be more helpful than Chandarnook.

But do keep in mind these are only references to make your OWN version of the script to match your needs. If you just copy the script as-is, you may have issues/it may not work the way you desire.

Oh btw; your pixel art is epic. Seriously.

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
I like both a lot. Smile
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(04-08-2010, 01:58 PM)satoascorpion Wrote: There's an enemy that can be fought once you've escaped from the Magitek Factory, but BEFORE you fight the crane bosses; it's a flying enemy robot, which, when killed will summon a random ammount of another enemy mech to attack you. I'm pretty sure if you want a boss which, when killed it changes forms to a whole new monster, this script event may be more helpful than Chandarnook.

You mean the Chasers?

[Image: 2mfE19.gif]
  Find

Status
None
Hm.. Chandarnook's script sounds good.

Thank you for your input/help. Smile

Status
None
not a problem

that's what we are here 4 Wink

-HNIC