Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Bad Patch

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Recently I've discovered a problem with my battle events because none of the sprites would move and some sprites wouldn't appear at all and things just became really glitchy. (btw when I say battle events I mean like the ones with Whelk, First time meeting Tritoch, and When you first meet Sabin and you are forced to fight him alone as Sabin)
I downloaded a two more clean copies of Final Fantasy III (VI) and went through all my possible reasons why this would happen:

-I checked if the sprites messed it up (even though I doubted it)
-I then checked to see if it was my hex editing
-then finally I checked to see if it was my patches (I did them one by one: meaning I applied it, reloaded the rom and went to the batte event)

Through all of my troubles I finally discovered what was messing up my battle events:

-The faster SwdTech Gauge Patch from Gopherbork.net.

For any of you who have the same problem, and remember if they applied this patch or not from this specific site (Mozilla's Download tool tells you where you got if you use that browser) then I hope I helped you figure out what was wrong.
  Find

Threads: 33
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Did you have problem with magiteks appearing in fount of welk's head sprite? It happened to me with the pikachu I replaced with the welk's head.

Status
None
No, The characters simply didn't move and only the text came up and hardly anything happened and when a new character was introduced in that battle (ie. Sabin) that character was invisible and glitched.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
idk if this is the issue

but check the battle formation and make sure it looks good and that they fit in the box

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
oh no, trust me when I say this. I made sure to take a clean copy of the game and the only thing I did was patch in the Swdtech Gauge Faster Patch and the same thing happened.

Everything else would be completely fine until I put in that patch.
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
I've used the faster SwdTech gauge patch and never came across this, even with FF3ED f**k**g everything up.
The only explanation I can come up with is you're using another version of FF3, such as 1.1 or FF6 Jap.
  Find