Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I need some help on my project

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I need some help with making some sprite for my hack since I have no artistic abilities well here's the list
character sprites needed:
chocobo
quinna
I also need script ideaes
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
well I think u should be a bit more specific

like do u want your chocobo looking something like Boco from FF5?

and as for Quinna why not send us a pic so we have a general idea as to how the character looks

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 11
Status
None
[Image: Quina_Quen_character.jpg] This is Quinna I do think so, I may be wrong
  Find

Threads: 6
Status
None
And scripts...really depends on your preference and what you want to put into the game, but here's some general information.

Zeemis has already gone through the work to put up the two stickies you may want to take a look at.

Creating Good Bosses
And a general list you'll most likely need to refer too

And of course, the quite important HP Script (Warning, don't go too illogical with this. I believe this is said in Creating Good Bosses but 500,000+ HP is NOT necessary, anything more can make the boss just plain boring and long. Even 200k is pushing it unless you have a LOT of stuff planned and can get the boss to work smoothly).

You may also want to take a look at a few of examples Lord Envoy put up in the Scripts Board.

Now for some more personal advice, try to make something that has a more personal, or at least memorable feel to it. Like allow some sort of strategy that will work on the boss specifically (no, not just a type weakness, get creative) and at most, one NECESSARY little something to defeat it (BrettUltimus' Lich King needing something to prevent Zombie is a good example, although you may want something a bit more common to have than that). Balancing is tricky, if you're working with something that's post-endgame/optional/near-end game, you won't need to worry as much since most things can easily be made to have a script that can be challenging at any level (really, once the stats are in the thousands, the level difference between 50 and 80 doesn't really say much besides normal attack power). This doesn't mean stock your boss only with spells like Demi, Quarter, and Fallen One (it does work, but it's just a bit bland, feel free to throw those spells in if you feel you have enough variety though). But it really does depend on what you're going for. "Good" alone is kind of...general.

EDIT: THAT'S Quinna? I've been dealing with some annoying guy using an avatar of that

[Image: index.php?action=dlattach;attach=3783;type=avatar]

I think that's already 16-bit too...just choose whatever frame and screencap it, crop it back down to the sprite. FF3SE, poof. Or are you wanting to make him a character?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-steak
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
thats some good advice there Azure_Kudo :p

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 33
Status
None
Oh,Great,the Blue Mage eats ANYTHING!Tongue

Threads: 2
Status
None