Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Espers: 1 set of spells

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I was curious as to what the game play would be like if espers made you forget the spells you've previously learned from other espers.  So your magic list would be only what the equipped esper teaches (and natural magic for Celes and Terra).

To get started I would need to create a subroutine where: if an esper is equipped, have it unLearn all the spells you know.  After that, have it add the natural magic skills back in.  I'm having trouble finding out exactly where "equip an esper" is because Section C35 looks like a jumbled mess.  This is way more advanced than what I've done previously, so it would be a cool project to get learning.

Maybe we could even make it so you don't lose knowledge of learned spells entirely and keep a % learned so switching back to an old esper is easier to get your spells back.
  Find

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
Spells would like equipment, then. Each character would be limited to maybe 5 spells at any given time (and the respective esper summon). Hmm. It would be more challenging, that's for sure. More strategy would be required. It's an interesting idea.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Project Meltdown of a ff6 hack(i don't even remember the author lol) revolved around that point... equipping gears gives you the spell until you remove that gear, it should be among personal projects, check that thread.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
dn: My code is far too sloppy, frequently uncommented, and constantly being revised for various purposes for me to release it. it's also too specific to my hack, in many cases, and some of it isn't mine.
on a side note, the tech demo was pretty cool
  Find

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
You can also check the Imbued Magic hack in RHDN.
  Find

Status
None
That hack likely has the answer. Does some other weird stuff too, like completely cut out natural magic. And it makes cursed shield a random chance to uncurse... why would anyone even want that?
  Find

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
Quote:Does some other weird stuff too, like completely cut out natural magic.

The code of the magic system in the game is complex and it is bundled together with many other things. It was convenient, at the time, to not include the natural magic for Celes and Terra. Compared with all my hacks so far, i consider the imbued magic hack the most complex and difficult of them.

Quote:And it makes cursed shield a random chance to uncurse... why would anyone even want that?

For whatever reason, i couldn't use the counter of the cursed shield fights. Until today, i don't know why the counter don't work correctly in the patch. As a alternative, i did make the lift of the cursed shield to be random.

The code of the patch is included. If you know assembler, you can try to alter it and include your own modifications in the hack.
  Find

Status
None
I assumed there was a technical reason. Now that I've opened a proverbial can of worms, I'm just going to stick with the NOPs and give it a shot. With a hack like this I was thinking I could make Espers have class sets of magic: Black, White, Red, Green, Time, Dark, etc. and just play/test what thats like.
  Find