Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Problem with Monster Script

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
hello everyone;

I am trying to edit the battle script of a Monster( the guard to be exact) so I can get used to script editing. The problem is I would like the guard to counterattack before dying with Fallen One and Ultima. I believe the hex code is as follows:

F0 EE EE EF
FF
FC 12 06 00
C0
FF

I am using FF6ME but the problem is even though I click OK on the script changes and I save the work to my rom, when I battle the guard, the new script is not executed. When I try to open the FF6ME again, the edited script looks like it was never edited... Ive tried several times but I still cannot see any changes. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
to edit what the guard does in battle you need to use FF3USME

that way you can determine what attacks they do and when

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Sorry Sorry I did not specify the version I am using clearly, but yes Im using FF3USME to edit a monster script.

Status
None
oh then idk

make sure the status is good etc

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
Well you got most of the hex right, but it should look like this

F0 EE EE EF
FF
FC 12 00 00
C0
FF

Then, just make sure to save before exiting. If this does not save your settings still, you might have expanded your ROM at some time..? So you would need to click on "Manage Expanded ROM" before you save the changes you made to a battle script each time.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
I too have a monster script problem.

I edited Seigfried (Phantom Train battle) so that he was an actual boss. And it worked just fine. This was some time ago.

Now, during my playthroughs, the battle begins, he says his lines (Something like Go no, guys! Ha ha ha!) And then he flashes signifying he's going to attack; the screen blanks out, the game resets back to the title screen.

I've tried to do some trial-and-error, but I cant figure out what the hell went wrong.

Any tips?

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Status
None
well it depends what battle formation he is in

if its around the 500s then yea because they are glitched

-HNIC

Status
None
plz can somebody explain me something about these codes cause i dont understand how wich code means what.so plz somebody help:cool:Laugh:cool:

Status
None
these codes are how certain attacks are implemented, like what monsters use

to find out what each code does google Cless' guide and it explains what is what Wink

-HNIC

Status
None
cant find it can you give me the site?
oh yeah how can you change magic spells and swords physically