Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Characters and Palettes

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Is it possible to divorce an in-game character from their default palette?

That is, say I wanted Edgar to have Locke's palette (#1) but I wanted Sabin and Celes to keep their default palette (#0). Is there any way to accomplish this?
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
it is possible but that involves hex editing

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
That's fine. Do you know the relevant addresses?
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
that I don't know sorry Sad

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
actually, it is possible WITHOUT Hex editing. just need two roms, Edgar and Locke sprite sheets and it's as simple as this:

There's a copy option that lets you copy the entire sheet of a character to another, copy Locke to Edgar (don't import or it won't work), then Edgar's palette will be switched to #1 without affecting the other characters, only Edgar's another Locke now. Simply Import an Edgar sprite sheet onto him, then go back to Locke (you see that he has the new Edgar's palette), import the Locke's sprite onto him, the palette is restored and there, you got your Palette #1 Edgar, or should I say Gerad?
[Image: imgshk.png] [Image: w128.png]

Status
None
I've looked into it a little bit and it seems this does apply the new palette in battle. Unfortunately it looks like on the World Map each character keeps their own original palette. I think this can be fixed for NPCs using the Level Editor, but I have no idea how you would go about changing the Player Character's palette when not in battle.
  Find