Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Patch for making Espers unique to different PCs?

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Hi, I've seen at least one big gameplay overhaul (Brave New World) that implements this, however the IPS patch for that obviously changes much more about the game than I intend.

I'm wondering if anyone has access to or any knowledge of a patch. What I have in mind is a patch that ONLY will make certain Espers able to be equipped exclusively to certain playable characters. For example, Phoenix being only available to Locke and Terra, or Maduin only being able to be equipped on Terra and Strago.

This is coming from a person who has no knowledge at all of how to create or change a patch or how to alter code. Merely easy access to IPS files and FF3usME. Cover
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
This should be what you're looking for, they were nice enough to share their work on that:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...t=restrict

Although it appears that the main link there for the patch and instructions is down.
Might have to wait for Synchysi to re-upload it and/or we could host it here this time.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Thanks so much, I'll try to ask him for help. I'll post the link here for anyone else if I get permission from him, assuming he still has access to this alteration.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Status
None
I responded to Verdane's PM, but I'll post it here too.

I actually submitted the hack to RHDN a while ago, but feel free to host on this site as well if you want. It might make it a little more visible to people looking for something similar.

http://www.romhacking.net/documents/656/

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Synchysi for this post:
  • officemonster (01-15-2015)