Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: The Last SaGa

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
So this is going to be a somewhat simple hack where it is the same as the whole game (except a lot of dialogue changes), except the bosses and enemies are replaced with Romancing SaGa monsters (mainly Romancing SaGa 2), combining the two stories somewhat.

Here's the premise:

Long ago, the war was enveloped by darkness, as the War of the Magi commenced. People were in fear of their tyrant rulers who wielded magic as gods, and turned desperately for saviors. They soon found hope in "Seven Heroes" who fought off the evil tyrants and a temporary peace was established... until they realized they had only traded their tyrants for new ones. Still wish to be known as the "Seven Heroes" they ruled relentlessly with an iron fist, until one day, without warning, they separated and vanished, never to be seen again. New empires would build up, and peace would soon follow.

Now, a new threat has emerged: The Ghestalian Empire has quickly risen, and with a search for a new source of power. They search for sources of magic... and with a recently found Legacy Weapon in the mines of Narshe, they have declared war.

Meanwhile, another darkness has emerged as warrior bearing resemblance to the Seven Heroes have appeared... and the world soon begins to fall back under that same shadow of fear.

FF6: The Last SaGa changes the story around with the introduction of the Seven Heroes from Romancing Saga, who eventually become a greater threat then the Empire (Kefka will not be the final boss this time). As the Returners continue their fight with the empire, they will eventually come to the end where they encounter Bokuohn who is controlling Kefka.

Features include some revamped towns and dungeons, new additional dungeons, items that cast magic spells (EXAMPLE: Protect Bomb), new weapons, and a ton of new and revamped enemies and bosses (hopefully I can replace the entire bestiary).

The boss fights here are the main focus, introducing new ideas. The difficulty has definitely increased from the normal Final Fantasy, but is not up to the difficulty of hardcore bosses. The bosses and enemies are moderately difficult, but the bosses especially are now a new, interesting, and unique challenge.

Example Boss with notes of the encounter:

Whelk Replacement: Queen

[Image: 284.gif]

Battle begins with a Marshal sprite ready to fight. He taunts the party before Queen emerges from the ground. Marshal turns over to Queen, yells in terror, and Queen casts "Entomb" on Marshal, killing him instantly. She then "chitters with anticiptation". The fight begins.

Fight Sequence:

Queen will use "Fluid" to slow party members. Remedy Force (Heal Force replacement) will not only heal, but it removes all status afflictions (excluding death) and heal, which is very useful.

She will attack two party members (or one twice under unfortunate circumstances).

OPTIONAL (If experimentation works)

A message pops up saying "Recovering... fire vulnerability revealed" During this time, you must strike her with a Fire Beam or the spell "Fire". At this point, a message pop up "The Queen calls for her children!". As three drones come up from the ground, she will then hide herself until they have been killed.

If she is not hit with a fire beam or "Fire" within the time period, she will cast "Cure 3" on herself, and the pattern continues.

END OPTIONAL

IF OPTIONAL DOESN'T WORK

She will heal herself with a simple "Cure" spell, and then a message pops up "The Queen calls for her children!". As three drones come up from the ground, she will then hide herself until they have been killed.

The drones only attack with a simple physical attack, and absorb poison attacks.

ON DEATH:

A message says, "The Queen is injured!" as she then dives underground.

The battle ends.

While I will try to make all battles unique, some battles will be more unique then others. I'll keep you all updated as I continue to develop this.
  Find

Threads: 25
Status
None
Sorry to break your spirits for this hack, but you have a limited number of tile squares, and if you use them all up or go over board on them, then the hack is unplayable. (I hate being the bearer of bad-news. But I love being the maker!!! jking jking.)

Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find

Status
None
Already aware, and I plan to use them conservatively Wink
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
yo Brett u have been underground 4 a good while until your recent videos and now this

good shit bro Smile

I was wondering is this going to go along with some of the changes u already put in your old hack or is this from scratch?

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Thanks man Laugh

The old rom I was using is a bunch of miscellaneous bosses. Pretty much just a testing ground for me, so this would be a fresh new hack.
  Find

Status
None
ah nice nice man Smile

are there gonna be any new chars?

like are u gonna replace one or 2 people?

to be honest a friend of mine said she was gonna attempt to do Golden Sun Chars styled like FF6

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
I haven't decided if I am going to replace any of the characters (Edgar with the Last Emperor perhaps?), but I think I may want to lean close to sticking with all the original characters... or at least the original abilities of those characters.
  Find

Status
None
ah I see what u mean man

looking forward to this Smile

-HNIC

Status
None
Thanks! I may have a video up soon of the first boss battle.
  Find

Status
None
nice nice man

r u gonna change the way some sprites look?

I 4got 2 ask u this b4

like what u did with Kefka n like what I did to a few chars

-HNIC