* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I'd like to get everyone's opinion...

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
If you were going to attempt to remake FF1 (GBA) for SNES which would make the best base ROM to work with? FF4, FF5, or FF6?
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
I would say Final Fantasy VI, because of how many Playable Characters you can mess with.

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I feel that it's probably six. In fact, it really doesn't matter what you're making. There's a great deal of documentation and analysis done on six already that will give you a leg up on what you can do in the others, particularly five.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I mainly said 5 just to be different. But if you think about it, you can do a lot with the job system. You can have your characters start as base jobs, be able to change, and when you give the Rat Tail to Bahamut you can "promote" (but just get more jobs).
  Find

Status
Double
(09-03-2014, 08:47 PM)FlyingPoodle Wrote: I mainly said 5 just to be different. But if you think about it, you can do a lot with the job system. You can have your characters start as base jobs, be able to change, and when you give the Rat Tail to Bahamut you can "promote" (but just get more jobs).

It's just too bad that five is tricky to edit from what I've heard. I'd hazard a guess that you could actually do all of those far things more easily in six. I'm fairly confident that all of those are reasonable in six, depending on whether you want to make the job system more similar to five (probably difficult to the point of absurdity) or one (probably reasonable, Tin Man is actually doing something similar right now).

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
Event editing is in pretty advanced state for 4 and 6, right?

What is Tin Man's project?
  Find

Status
Double
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...hlight=FF1

I haven't heard from him in a while, so I have no idea how far he has gotten or if he has worked on it recently.

Confused Moogles FTW

Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
There are some unique challenges to trying to do a retromake of FF1 in FF6. For starters I have not yet found a way to get a functioning canoe, ship, or party select menu. I have details about the latter on my hack thread which LockKirby posted. There may be a way to make the player select their party members and have multiples of the same cast member, but I have not yet figured out how to do it.

I do have most of the sprites complete and a plotted out, but incomplete world map. Perhaps we can work together on this project?
  Find