Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Mini-Contest Idea

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Definitely BNW (although that will help less for the Mini-Contests, it will be a better experience).

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Woot! Laugh luckily i won for a fraction of second, so i won't regret to haven't improved my run even more than that, btw that made more exciting the few last istants that decided who won among me and Jackimus... kinda like in film/cartoon style XD

Anyway the true error that Jackimus and Cecil188 made was the one of not studying the whole tower(routes length, chests, monster formations, monster weaknesses + hp)... just analyzing the performances of the 3 teams wasn't enough, that explained why they took the center route, instead of the left one, despite the left one is 194 steps long, while the center one is 210+ steps long(actually the right route was 186 steps long, but the monsters packs/formations in center and right was more harder/longer to kill)

This is how much seriously i take the challenges: (this one in particular)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ob5s2n...anning.rar

There's more or less most of the useful information i wrote about Kefka's Tower, in the case someone wanna hack the game, reading this stuff might save hours of searching among internet/FF3usme/FF6LE.

In my Youtube channel i uploaded all the 3 groups runs i submitted to Lockirby2...

On a side note i don't know if you considered an error to count the crane of the airship as the end of the task or not, but i'm agree to count it in the timer(not just because it made me won Laugh) for 2 reasons:
- The goal of the task was to escape from the tower, not to stand on the starting square, after all Strago risked to die in the tower, if the crane would have been passed 1 second before(ending references) ;
- That could make change the result of the run among one player with sprint shoes and one without them, since the second player could not make in time to reach the crane, before it moved again...

PS. in the versatile run i did, i tested also the fixed dice, but when i saw a 256 too among possible damages, i decided to not rely on it(not sure if it was a good idea...), so i chose 3 superball instead, i also let die Setzer on purpose, after that, in order to not spend time to equip him and not heal at the same time.
I equiped Doom Darts on Gau becuse catscratch was still ~8000 damage with it, plus many monster was weak to death...

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
Additionally, the left and right routes stemming from the 4t weight rooms maximized steps in that room, and minimized them elsewhere. As you can't fight battles in the 4t room, it *might* save a battle.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Status
Double
To be fair, leaving Kefka's Tower along that route is something that is literally impossible in vanilla (funny calling it vanilla in comparison to a hack where only a handful of bytes were changed) from the save point you guys were standing on. I can understand why people missed the route because of this.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 4
Status
Blind
TASK 5 (by Jackimus) - Scavenger Hunt

Download the save file here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=8862...6462426628

Our heroes have saved the world, but all is not quite well.

Edgar has had Umaro Huh imprisoned in the Figaro Jail for a lifetime of Tax Evasion. Locke, being his best buddy in the whole world on account of their mutual love for Shiny Objects, has generously offered to post his bail. Unfortunately, it is a 10 million gil bail, and he is a penny short. Edgar, being a reasonable and understanding King, has offered to lower the price of bail by one gil should the world's greatest treasure hunter be able to successfully acquire him 5 somewhat elusive things he desires. Summoning the Royal Scribe, he has his wish list written in the finest calligraphy in the realm (and yea, did they rejoice) and thus had it handed over to our filthy, lowly, peasant thief.

Smile

-A crown fit for a King! Acquire one (1) Regal Crown.
-An outfit fit for a King! Acquire one (1) Red Jacket.
-A ring fit for a King! Acquire one (1) Hero Ring.
-A drink fit for a King! Acquire one (1) Elixir.
-Fireworks fit for a King! Edgar must witness one (1) casting of Ultima.

Hold on

It is at this point where Sabin staggers into the throne room, having partied a little too hard in the aftermath of their victory over Kefka. In his drunken revelry, it seems he somehow placed a voodoo curse on Locke's trusty Paladin Shield- a shame, as he was oh so close to learning the coveted spell. This might not be so easy...

Let the worldwide Scavenger Hunt begin!!!

Laugh

-------------------------------------------

Here's the TL / DR if that's too wordy (or you just don't like Fun)

-Get a Regal Crown
-Get a Red Jacket
-Get a Hero Ring
-Get an Elixir
-Edgar must witness the spell, Ultima

Misc rules are as follows:

-Timer starts as soon as you load the save, ends when all objectives have been completed.
-Objectives can be completed in any order you want.
-For timing purposes, if you do Ultima last, the timer will end after the spell's animation is complete in interest of fairness to players doing this objective earlier.
-Once you get an item / witness the spell, the corrsponding objective is complete. It's not necessary to have every item in your inventory at the end of the day, you can equip them / use them and so forth.
-Edgar and Locke are NOT allowed to hang out on the airship.
-That said, you can use any party members you want to fill out the rest of the team
-EXCEPT Umaro cannot be used for any reason. He's in jail, you fool!
-Sketching is allowed, but the sketch bug which could give you all these items (and more) obviously, is not.
-Other game breaking exploits (vanish/doom, psycho Cyan) are allowed for a change, as they won't really impact the Meat of this task. I am not familiar with every exploit in this game though, so maybe check with me first via PM if there's some esoteric bug I'm not aware of which could break this challenge.
-Since it's been allowed/disallowed at times, I will state here that fleeing from battle is allowed in this challenge.

Any other questions about rules that I might have forgotten, eventual submissions, boxes of chocolates, and etc should be sent in a PM to me. We'll set the deadline for this one at December 29th, with a results video hopefully out the next day.

Good luck, and happy huntin'!!
  Find

Status
Double
We can't use Umaro?!?! You just ruined all of my strategies!

EDIT: Oh yeah, and welcome to the site!

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Atma
Is this task even possible without Umaro?!? Laugh

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 4
Status
Blind
Just a quick clarification I missed, for the Ultima watching, lore learning rules apply. Edgar can't very well see his fireworks if he's dead/blind/asleep/stoned/zombied and I think that's it?
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
Why do I get the feeling this will take a while? Ah well, I guess that kind of response is to be expected from the slower-than-average participant. I guess I had better get to it! ...Tomorrow.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Status
Atma
Everything can change: don't you remember that in Offering task i was the last? Laugh

Find