Poll: What feature should be worked on next?
This poll is closed.
Audio Manager 7.69% 1 7.69%
Basic NPC 23.08% 3 23.08%
Chat Messages 7.69% 1 7.69%
Event Manager 15.38% 2 15.38%
Ingame Menu 7.69% 1 7.69%
Joypad Inputs 0% 0 0%
Mouse Inputs 0% 0 0%
Parallax Backgrounds 15.38% 2 15.38%
Simple/Weighted Pathing 0% 0 0%
Title Menu 0% 0 0%
Touch Inputs 0% 0 0%
World Battles 23.08% 3 23.08%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[WIP] jRPG Engine

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
jRPG Engine is developed for the sole reason to allow for quick development of old school Japanese role playing games using javascript and various other technologies. It is also MIT licensed which is attached to the bottom. That means jRPGe is free to be modified, and distributed free of charge. I only ask that if you create modules or make some changes to contribute to the evolution of the engine. You do not have to of course. Smile

Everything you need in one place.

SweatHmm ______________________Laugh Objection!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
This will be a really nice engine once completed!
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Thx for the positive comment. The fun part is to get ideas and such I get to play the old games I grew up with to get ideas, but new ideas are ALWAYS welcome. ;D

Even better is it is open source and MIT Licensed so you can fork and make your own. Also any modules you make for it or if you made some in the past(no matter what language as long as It isnt to cryptic), and I can understand what is going on you can submit them to me and I can convert them over. Any time saved not having to write from scratch is always helpful.

Also love any input on the engine. I will always try to improve or make the engine work smoother in any way I can. Feed back is ALWAYS welcomed good or bad just don't be a troll about it. Laugh

Oh and I am always looking for people to contribute to it as well. This is completely open sourced and it is written in CoffeeScript which compiles to JS so if you want to write in JS I can convert to CS. Also if you can not program there is always graphics, music, and sfx that are needed for the examples/samples and tutorials, as well as tech writers are always welcomed.

If you do not have any of those skills or can spare a few bucks there is always the GoFundMe setup so I can actually pay people to help out with the project as well as provide a better engine for the community and keep it free.

Always always share both the engine and the GoFundMe links with anyone you can. Word of mouth is the highest for of flattery right, or something. I dunno just spread the word, blast it across the tubes. THE TUBES I SAY!!!

Just realized the nice thing about the engine is that it is web based so people can see not only my progress with the engine, but also someone can share their direct progress with anything they make from it. Kind of a nice win win.

Also something to think about is once the engine is near completion and able to actually use it to start building out games, that there could be a community remake of FFVI to match that people can spin off and make hacks for. I know this is like shooting in the dark with everything no where near that point, but its nice to think about. This would also remove all limitations that rom hacking has with having to take things out as what if you wanted to do a major expansion during the game its self and not take out anything.

That and if there is an issue you can just update it on the fly without having to have everyone update it. Also a way of communicating with your client base as well. Only real down side is the time it will take to get to that point as I have to build an engine and then have to start the effort for the game while I want to actually do my own expansion that is post FFVI events, same world and even bring back some of the same characters while having others that have died off.

Anyways off to do more work as I am uploading latest changes to github.
  Find