Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
When Games Collide, an Epic Mario Hack

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
Figured I'd post about it since my sprites are all scattered. Basically a hack I have been working on slowly that involves characters from all different retro snes/gnes games. I've created several custom monsters sprites recoloring or customizing prior console sprites. I have also several character sprites I made from scratch as well. If anyone wants to jump in and help... feel free to post/pm me. I open to any ideas. You can create the whole plot if you want/help create the last sprites/portraits or just give friendly advice. All espers will also be converted into Pokemon as well. I'm very new to event editing as well so we can always experiment together. IPS patch will be posted here as well once completed.

Character Replacements

Terra - Samus (Zero suit from metroid)
[Image: wC4cRIb.png]
[Image: YX5Q2tU.png]

Esper Terra - Samus (Varia Suit)
[Image: noGFLeq.png]
[Image: XAkdYoc.png]

Locke - Ness (Earthbound)
[Image: 8Z3bUgG.png]
[Image: ipeKrbd.png]

Moogles - Yoshi (super mario)
[Image: QiYgpwA.png]
[Image: Vax6OY0.png]

Edgar - Mario (super mario)
[Image: 2ImXibT.png]
[Image: 27OMGzX.png]

Sabin - Luigi (super mario)
[Image: ddhdpvl.png]
[Image: RBBzb0M.png]

Shadow - Megaman X (megaman series)
[Image: tslVBnG.png]
[Image: ZiT1xSt.png]

Gau - Sonic (Sonic the hedgehog)
[Image: axTo01U.png]
[Image: mafb0Yy.png]

Cyan- Frog (chrono trigger)
[Image: IM35QyP.png]

Celes - Peach (edited Halks sprite from super mario)

Ghosts - Bobombs (Super mario)
[Image: g3d3bDl.png]
[Image: m7joJkd.png]

Setzer - Falco (Starfox)
[Image: JtMfAZg.png]
[Image: o2UfEjH.png]

Soldiers - Koopas (super mario)
[Image: XXlzb7T.png]
[Image: Uk30bsY.png]

Umaro - Donkey Kong (retro style arcade version)
[Image: IU6YMJR.png]
[Image: qbPcMr1.png]

Imp - Goomba (super mario)
[Image: 9pjHysW.png] (goomba portrait done by JamesWhite)
[Image: SNo2Shn.png]

Leo - Basalisx (super mario bro z.)
[Image: RK6UEah.png]
[Image: QhPARpk.png]

Kefka - Bowser (super mario)
[Image: nIiUxoM.png]
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
I'm really digging this so far. Like... I really want to see this go somewhere. I'll try and help when I can, and where I can.

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
nice

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Those all look great, badass! I may have to steal, err... *cough cough* borrow some of them for NPC sprites on my end. I can help with some suggestions too, if you're stuck on some things, like abilities. I can't edit abilities or dialogue very well yet, but I'll try to learn!
  Find

Status
Mental-Break
@satoascorpion - Let me know where you would like to jump in .. I am still missing pcs, npcs, dialogue Laugh
@poco ty
@raikou thanks.. feel free to use any characters or tweak as needed.

[hrc]#4BA08E[/hrc]
Characters/ NPCS continued
[hrc]yellow[/hrc]

Characters:

Merchant - ?Undecided?
Relm-?Undecided?
Strago-?Undecided?
Gogo - ?Undecided?

[hrc]Blue[/hrc]
NPCS:

Gestahl - Pokey Earthbound)
[Image: f6rWzse.png]

Arvis - Jeff (Earthbound)
[Image: Dx6lNDZ.png]

Rachel - Paula (Earthbound WIP)

Figaro guards - Toad
[Image: 7TLMPAw.png]

Returners - Mr Saturns
[Image: OY7tFCP.png]

Ultros - Patrick Star (Spongebob)
[Image: 4GIiD5j.png]

Chupon - Spongebob Squarepants WIP

Vargas - Waluigi (Mario games)
[Image: 9wLTN3H.png]

Siegfried - Scourge (Sonic Comic)
[Image: IPEc8Hh.png]

Ramuh - Pikachu
  Find

Status
None
First off, a quick tip. Major updates like sprites being shown off, and screenshots, stuff like that, should be edited into your first post. So people wont have to scroll through posts, or pages, of stuff to find something.

Secondly, I don't think Patrick makes a good Ultros replacement, myself. Everything else is video game related, so I think Ultros oughtta be too. Maybe Dalton, from Chrono Trigger? He was pretty funny, while still problematic.

Third... OH MY GOD! SCOURGE THE HEDGEHOG! He's my favorite sonic character of all time... I love this SOOO much.
  Find

Status
Mental-Break
I already tried.. sadly you can only have 31 images per post haha. Besides that, I chose Patrick because he lives in water. Plus there is a spongebob game btw that has monster sprites already (Saves me time from spriting custom monsters). Dalton seems like a good idea however since I'm not changing the map where he spawns nor changing the event, he would have to be coming out of the water and a custom monster would have to be made.

heres a quick edit what what I'm talking about.. Needs tweaking still
  Find

Status
None
Oh, I see. Makes sense. I dont entirely agree with the whole Patrick thing still, but it is your hack. Now, will you be editing abilities to create all new ones, or just editing already existing ones to fit well with the character? Also, what about Magic?
  Find

Threads: 1
Status
None
Graphics are looking good so far. Only thing I think you could fix up is Toad's Mushroom from the side. The Arching looks kinda weird. Maybe a quick tip can help. Think about toad's design, He looks kinda "Arabian" in design so think about an Arabian grab like in Ali baba and the 40 thieves for example when making Toad's mushroom-like head. In this case, maybe like this:
[Image: Toad_zps58df78d5.png]
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
I was gonna suggest using the new tutorial that Erdin did to add full sprite sheets for all npc's

I personally think its an amazing idea for your hack

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC