Character History Poll

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Code:
The Implacable Experiment

This character is an individual who has had close contact with the Empire after being used for human (or esper) experimentation in the Magitek Facility and has taken on a grotesque appearance. This character is aware of their disturbing appearance and their primary drive is to seek vengeance against those who have wronged him/her and to see that they are brought to justice.

This character would work well in FF6 as they would serve to show the more cruel and inhumane side of the Gestahlian Empire, especially when you consider how much Terra's past is lacking in filling in the darker parts of the Empire's history. This character would also ideally have a somewhat strange fighting style which would vary from the other characters, they also by merit of being a Magitek experiment could have a natural magic learning list.

This is the final poll for our character history, we have some good backstories here and its getting me excited for our next phase: concept art. So, artists, while you read, get your creative juices flowing. Without further adieu, here are our submissions!

"Miranda Captured" by Lockirby2 (Click to View)

"The Desertion" by Tin Man (Click to View)

"The Betrayed young citizen" by Madsiur (Click to View)
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
For the record, guest votes are going to be deleted, please vote with your user account.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Again, it's a really hard choice here for me, so I will talk it out as I try to decide...

After reading all three more than a few times, I do see some similarities to Celes's story elements in both Maranda Captured & The Desertion, basically how she got captured for what I assume to be feeling guilty and/or trying to escape, and thus branded a traitor and getting locked up and all that stuff.. but overall they are both different enough to not feel too much like Celes.

I feel that The Desertion would work much better as a male character indeed for this reason, but like we are all thinking another female character is needed. Although, now that I think about it ...do we really want a disfigured female character??? Not sure how she would get portrayed as female characters are usually so pretty! Or 'cute' in Relm's case lol. The 'Beastly' disfigured characters are always male, right?

Out of the two, I would have to give the slight edge to Maranda Captured, just because I do like what it all adds to Celes's story and how it would help to flesh out and fill in some plot holes and unsolved mysteries to the original story. Then again though, I'm not sure how much attention/interaction she would have to receive from Celes to make it seem legit, since Celes is basically tied up in 'messing around' with Locke for the whole story lol.

In my opinion I feel the easiest to draft into the game would be The Desertion, followed by Miranda Captured, and then The Betrayed young citizen would be the most difficult to achieve and pull off nicely...although actually maybe not. That character (TBYC) might require the least amount of work to the preexisting story & events since it is so original. Hm, does that make since? Like Gogo or Umaro, but with much more dialog and substance lol.

I think that The Betrayed young citizen is easily the most original out of the three, and I love the idea of Gestahl having a secret initiative of abducting homeless and 'unwanted' people for the experiments! That is so Gestahl. I am really tempted to just choose this one - but at the same time I'm not sure if it would be as practical and convincing as the other two.

Final Thought: I do like the idea of another former Imperial joining the team, as well as someone that is totally original like TBYC...

In the end I'm going to have to go with:

Ugh, I'm still not sure yet... >_<

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Obliviscence
(07-16-2013, 10:31 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: I love the idea of Gestahl having a secret initiative of abducting homeless and 'unwanted' people for the experiments! That is so Gestahl.

This was the primary reason I went with TBYC (TCBY? mmm....)
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Concerning that aspect of the story, Zozo would be a great place to take people from! That would be the first place I would start taking people from if I was Gestahl. A fun story element to counter that with would be to have an NPC say that Gestahl is afraid of the ghetto, or hates the rain or something. I'm sure there's a much better reason to be had though, I'm just thinking ahead a bit. =)

I'm really leaning towards TBYC here... I'll give it a bit more thought though, in the case that I may wind up actually working on the character one way or another in the future, if needed Wink

Status
Nattak\'d
Well, after much thought I'm going with Maranda Captured. I can already feel for the character and can in-vision her story working out nicely inside FF6, as well as helping to fill in some story gaps and strengthening Celes's background as I stated earlier.

But the main reason I chose it over TBYC, is because I can't really in-vision that character (TBYC) taking on a grotesque appearance anywhere in that story synopsis. If it wasn't for the outward appearance change/disfigurement aspect, I would have gone with TBYC. And if the Character was a male, I would have gone with The Desertion. =)

P.S. It would have also helped my decision to know when and where exactly these characters would get recruited.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Ironically Nattak, that's the only one that you didn't vote for in the preliminary voting XD.
This is a hard decision for me to make, lol. Huh

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-17-2013, 02:53 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: I can't really in-vision that character (TBYC) taking on a grotesque appearance anywhere in that story synopsis.

You know, I thought the same thing when I wrote my submission. But then I said to myself that she could have got that ugly/grotesque appearance because of the experiment (or is it already the case in the character concept... I don't remember...)
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
(07-17-2013, 10:04 PM)Madsiur Wrote: You know, I thought the same thing when I wrote my submission. But then I said to myself that she could have got that ugly/grotesque appearance because of the experiment (or is it already the case in the character concept... I don't remember...)

That's kind of what I figured. It would have been nice to have had more detail in any of the submissions about the experimentation that was done on them and the effects it had.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
personally it was a very tough choice for me as well with choices 1 and 3

but in the end I went with the betrayed citizen because of a few reasons

just to name a few

I love the idea of the whole capturing orphans and the unwanted, its honestly something I would come up with (and am kinda pissed that I didn't lol)

also the fact that you are giving Zozo a bit more spotlight, seeing as how the creators could have done so much more with Zozo (and I don't mean the mountains in the WOR)

but yeah that's just 2 name a few lol

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC