Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
15th Man Submissions Thread: Character Concept

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Welcome to the very first submissions thread in The 15th Man Project! Before posting, please read the Rules and Overview.

The first thing to tackle in creating our 15th man is the character's basic concept. This answers the simple question, "What kind of person is this?" This does not cover ANY character specifics like hometown, history, abilities, etc... simply an overarching feel for the character and why/how this character would mesh with the current cast.

Each submission needs a title, for example, Lockes character can be referred to as "The Lovable Rogue". This sums up your design in a few words or short phrase. This will be the identifier by which people will vote. Please bold your title to make your post more easily identifiable as a submission.

The rest of your post should deal with describing your idea and why you think its a good one! There are no real requirements here, just do your best to explain yourself.

There are only TWO submissions per member. If at any point you change your mind or want to make changes, please edit your original post.

Lastly, feel free to interact with each others ideas, however bashing others or their ideas will NOT be tolerated. Discuss, encourage, collaborate... however, in the case of constructive criticism, please be cautious with who you are replying to. Many people will take constructive criticism as plain negativity. I would suggest keeping things like constructive criticism to members you know won't take things the wrong way. Try to keep comments positive. We are here to help, not win.

Example of a good submission:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Lovable Rogue

The Lovable Rogue is a character who participates in ill-reputable acts, but because of how/why they do those things, they become a sympathetic character to the audience. Often the victims of the Lovable Rogue's crimes are either unknown to the player or previously made out to be a jerk, so that the actions of the Lovable Rogue lose their potency as a real crime.

A character like The Lovable Rogue would fit in with the cast of FF6 because with lead characters like Terra and Celes, who are constantly questioning themselves and the world, someone who is confident in who they are and how to operate in the world, holding certain kinds of rules and authority loosely, makes for a good contrast to the main points of view displayed by the main protagonists. The Lovable Rogue also brings a level of levity to the otherwise oppressive themes throughout the plot of FF6.

Example of a bad submission:
We should totally make a character like Cloud from FF7, he needs to have omnislash or something like it. This character would be good because he is cool and FF7 was the best FF so we should put someone like him in FF6.

That about does it. So lets hear from you! I am really looking forward to getting this project underway and hearing what the community comes up with for our 15th man.

Happy Hacking.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Well, let's break the ice and take a go at this.

-------------------------------------------------------------
The Outspoken Philosopher

This guy/girl has a unique look at everything and is not afraid to share it. What they say may sound unconventional/harsh, but on some level, it is highly accurate. They are fairly intelligent but sometimes lacking in common sense and social skills, leading to some humorous situations. They often say too much, but they are well meaning and will back off if they actually manage to realize that they have crossed the line. The player may not like this character entirely at first, but should gain an appreciation for them as time goes on.

This character should work well in FF6 because they can throw a wrench into the normal character interactions and maybe cause a little tension (although not enough to become annoying). They can also make some interesting comments on the strange events that occur over the course of the game.

I've never done anything like this before, so I've got no idea what you guys will think, but let's just roll with this.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
in regards to Lockirby I actually have a custom scholar that I was planning on using for one of my hacks

here is a preview, of him using pal 1 (I was planning on making him look different but I haven't gotten to it yet)

but here he is, if you guys want to use him or rework it feel free to do so

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Poco, i appreciate your participation and encouragement of Lockis idea, but please remove your pic and reread the rules page. We are taking purely concept right now.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
it was just an example it wasn't a submission

but fine

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
The Knight and the Beast
He would have a double personnality, each taking control of the body exclusively.

The Knight
Before the curse, he is shown as kind and honorable. After, the player can see his internal struggle, his will to fight the empire and his fear that it might wake up the demon within him. As a comedic relief to the rather deep story of the other personnality, he would often see himself embarrassed when the personnality change occur and puts him in weird situation.
It could be a character that you already know like...
The Beast
An esper trapped in a mortal body,his will for revenge being as big as his power.
He first seen as a curse, a mere unexplicable power. He first try to hide but as his will for revenge become bigger and bigger, it is made obvious that he is a double personnality, seen as a cruel monster with unknown intention. As the beast live and learn from the party, he begin to open itself and slowly reveal his dark story in the war magi and how he was trapped for 1000 years. The party then become sympatic to the beast cause.

I know this is more "history" than "what kind of person is this" but it wouldnt have any sense to explain his personnality without history.

[Image: rrj.gif]
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Here's my idea:

The Blundering Hero

This character hasn't been pushed into conflict against his own will, nor does he battle unwillingly for the greater good. No, this character is excited at the chance of fighting evil and actively seeks it out. Aspiring to be remembered for his heroic deeds, this character charges into battle without a moment's notice. While not entirely incompetent, this character's over-eagerness results in frequent mishaps, and while not entirely motivated by pride, overconfidence is his constant companion. Despite these faults, he remains steadfast, enthusiastic, and loyal to the cause to which he has committed himself.

This character would work well in FF6 because he is unlike any of the characters currently playable. While most of the main characters in FF6 have been drawn into conflict with the Empire due to some personal vendetta, this character sees it as an opportunity to make himself known as a hero. He finds enjoyment at every turn, offering a unique worldview that no other character holds.

Just a rough draft for now. Let me know what you think.

"The Mind that lies fallow but a single Day, sprouts up in Follies that are only to be killed by a constant and assiduous Culture."
- Joseph Addison, "The Spectator"  Confused
  Find

Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I'll throw one out there, see if anyone likes it:

The Implacable Experiment

This character is an individual who has had close contact with the Empire after being used for human (or esper) experimentation in the Magitek Facility and has taken on a grotesque appearance. This character is aware of their disturbing appearance and their primary drive is to seek vengeance against those who have wronged him/her and to see that they are brought to justice.

This character would work well in FF6 as they would serve to show the more cruel and inhumane side of the Gestahlian Empire, especially when you consider how much Terra's past is lacking in filling in the darker parts of the Empire's history. This character would also ideally have a somewhat strange fighting style which would vary from the other characters, they also by merit of being a Magitek experiment could have a natural magic learning list.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
ok here's mine:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The traveler (name to change)

An lonely knight who once has high hopes in life but after a troubled incident (to be determined), lost hope. He now travel the world and do small jobs and contracts and secretly seek for his flame to be reignited by something or someone. He has a troubled soul that give him some dark thoughts but often he see the bright side of a situation by himself. He is also tired of always traveling and leaving people he meets behind.

This character works well in FFVI because we could bring him in the story at various points in the game. By the description, we can see he is an hybrid of shadow and cyan but with the heart of Cecil from FFIV. His skill would be to be determined. He could have a rich backstory but we could also leave an aura of mystery around him.
  Find

Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Lol, Madsiur, yours kinda reminds me of the Doctor from Doctor Who Laugh.

Confused Moogles FTW