Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Miktran Excessive

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Proving way more time consuming than expected I finally am done ripping one of my favorite and in my opinion coolest bosses of all time (which i had to find you didnt exist in ripped form anywhere on the internet ~~): Miktran excessive.

[Image: manakaiser-miktran-preview.png]

I am right now working on adapting him for FF 6, which proves to be extremely difficult, due to numerous reasons, for once the palette has to be reduced creatively and ofcourse the size (at least for someone who never touched the topic spriting until 10 days ago), and I am progressing extremely slowly. So if anyone wants to show what he can do, Id definitely apreciate someone else trying to do it too, and with a potentially better outcome compared to what I most likely will come up with. Hope someone tries.

Cheers.

*EDIT/UPDATE*

First attempt! what do you think? I know its far from perfect, but I hope it looks acceptable. Its harder than it looks X_X.
[Image: manakaiser-miktran.png]

Id still apreciate a pro trying to do it better, Id apreciate it alot.

Id also Strongly Welcome (for the case you are too lazy, boohoo, to try it yourself) anyone to try to refine the one I posted to make it look better, just download my sprite And use the big original I posted and try to adjust it to look as similar as possible, anything is welcome rly.
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
How's this? It's 16 colors and includes 1 for transparency.
[Image: Excessive.png]
  Find

Status
None
Mate what???? Im apreciate you tried and all, but now reduce the resolution to 128 and well see how it looks like :P. I meant editing the 128 * 128 one, (the hard part was to make it that small while keeping the details intact), and less on a recolor aspect and more on a detail aspect :P
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
[Image: Excessive128.png]
  Find

Status
None
Well the palette is not 16 now and It lost most of the details, especially the face is fucked (amongst other details... My 128 is way more detailed than your resize). But just reducing it in photoshop (or similar) while retaining hard edges doesnt do the trick at all(download my 128, zoom in on both your 128 and mine and compare the faces for example, youll see what I mean, yours has way less detail. Took quite a bit of pixeling to get it done like it is on mine). I meant refining it even further with pixel work (and not on a recolor basis but on a detail basis) Wink

Thanks for trying though I guess.
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
First and foremost Terramano; Zeemis is one of the number here who know about and how to work with the limitations of Final Fantasy VI and quite frankly you need to learn to be more respectful. You ask for help and when one of our very talented (though retired) spriters offered an example and some help, taking time out of his schedule to do so you did little more than insult him (not to mention he is the owner of the site).

I suggest changing your tone or else you will find that we will be less inclined to help or assist someone who shows little more than disdain and gives contemptuous remarks. We have no problem helping people; that is the entire point of this community but your often ungrateful and mocking tone frequently alienates those who try to help you.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
While I appreciate the love for Tales of Destiny, I have to agree with Lord Sutebenu.

Being respectul and considerate goes a long way around this site.

Status
None
Well first and foremost sorry if it came over like that and will certainly accept this, But I hope I am allowed to state my defense that (I think honesty goes a long way and its the only way to solve anything), and i have nowhere doubted anyones abilities or capabilities, I reacted that way because I actually felt a bit offended by his reply since it felt so very half hearted (the second post with the resize). The first post with the recolor was, while as I stated sure a nice recolor, not at all what I asked for helpwhise so I thought I best guide this into the right direction, and mentioned it in a pretty normal way, just a bit surprised since I thought I felt like my initial topic was clear. So I reformulated what I meant, that the part i needed help with was to make the Implementable version better so that anyone knows more clearly what i need help with X_X
He then posted a 1 second resize in photoshop (and I know that any spriter knows that you cant implement a high resolution image with high detail by just resizing it and not doing anything else because all the detail gets lost, and I know he knows it, and on top of that it had the initial color palette, and thats where I felt a bit offended.. and I dont see where it was unreasonable to be, and while I accept ciritcism, being fair it would be nice if you could also consider reasonable explanations...

And to what other remarks you refer, most likely those 2 (and that fact that i know them right away is hopefully a hit to that I had a hard time saying it because I dont like bad vibes in any way, and I had a bad time in those situations, but not saying what you feel is rarely the right option):
-When I, and I did put an emphasis on that, jokingly mentioned "feels like you promote your own stuff" because someone asked me twice if I will use his WoB tileset in a topic about a mod that clearly states in the initial post that its a WoR mod. That statement wouldnt even have been rude if it wasnt a joke, and I multiply stated that It was, because I dont rly mind ppl showing their own work, especially in a small community. Whats rude about that?
-I said The maps are symmetrical because I like it (because i do like symmetry...) after i got ask why the maps are symmetrical, And i asked what Kind of a question that is. I mean its like I asked why someone, I dont know,lets say: why his hair cut is symmetrical?. I mean what kind of answer can one give to such a question apart because I like it, or it is what it is.
I am sorry if I on my side have misinterpreted anything.

I therefore really find this reaction a bit unfair and would apreciate to hear where in the above I am wrong or twisting things, or what I missed, and hope some of my points are understandable X_X
Nonetheless I hate to make ppl feel bad, and Apologise if whatever i said made anyone feel so, It was not the Intention but only to state my feelings about whatever topic at hand.
But with that being said, I am still a guest here and am actually very happy this site exists so I will accept this warning, and be more careful and state more freindly when I feel a bad vibe, even though I have a bit of a hard time understanding a warning of that extent and feel like it was given without rly trying to see my point of view.
In and case I am again very sorry to have offended, I never said anything out of spite or ill will but always to express my feelings and never without a reason, and It feels like it is starting on the wrong foot here, which I dont want since I am a friendly guy and we share the love for a great game, and am very glad this place exists, and thats why I hope we can get this past us.

M deepest Apologies, Love and Cheers.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
I felt like adding to that conversation. I personally think that you have a direct way to say thing that for some people on this site it would look that you are not showing respect or you're being rude. I think it's acceptable to say to whoever does a lazy job that he has done so, only there is a way to say it. I'm not judging the sprite job here, I'm talking in a general way. As for changing your way to say things, just remain diplomatic... but then again everything can be said, but the form can vary.

And as far as I can tell, don't have high expectations on the potential help you can get. People have limited time on their hands and coop jobs are not what we see the most. Some people are more inclined to help specific people and others help whoever ask a question in the best way they can. Often the best help you can get is getting the job done by yourself.

Symetric maps are cool.
  Find