Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Menu sound after a little while

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
After a while that i have accessed this site and the page is still open, ( 30min/1hour), the browser will play some menu sound. At first i thought it was a bug from my browser, but since it happens every single time the exact same way, i think the issue is from the site. The sounds played are about 7 "ting"( like when you mouse over the site link) and one FF7 confirm sounds ( like when you click on a link). Really not a big bug but i just wanted to know if im going crazy and hearing things Confused
Im using Chrome.

[Image: rrj.gif]
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
It's supposed to be a "feature" that I got implemented in Java. Whenever you put the mouse over the navigation part of the site, you will hear the sound of the FF7 cursor. Whenever you select one option, you will hear the "Load file" sound from FF7.

So far..Sutebenu said it's very "FF7", and Nattak mentioned it is annoying. I wonder if I should remove it. Or maybe make a poll about it XD.

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
No, you misunderstood me. I meant, when the browser page is in the background, and im not currently navigating the site, the browser will make those sounds on its own, after like 30 mins /1 hour the page has been loaded.
As for the normal behaviour, personally, i dont find it annoying, except when i have my headset with loud music. Maybe you could do an option to turn it off in the profile page.

[Image: rrj.gif]
  Find

Status
None
I have to agree on the part about having music or such turned up and hitting it. Would it be possiable to turn the intensity down? Personally I kinda think its nifty, other than being so much louder than everything else I might be playing.

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
(08-18-2012, 09:53 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: It's supposed to be a "feature" that I got implemented in Java. Whenever you put the mouse over the navigation part of the site, you will hear the sound of the FF7 cursor. Whenever you select one option, you will hear the "Load file" sound from FF7.

So far..Sutebenu said it's very "FF7", and Nattak mentioned it is annoying. I wonder if I should remove it. Or maybe make a poll about it XD.

I wouldn't remove it; however, I'd make it optional. Some people may think it really adds to the website and helps make it feel more related to the Final Fantasy universe somehow. Others on the other-hand may get annoyed and sick of it over time.
If possible, make it optional.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(08-19-2012, 02:00 PM)Zeemis Wrote: If possible, make it optional.

I wonder how could I make it an option to have a sound...

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(08-19-2012, 10:28 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: I wonder how could I make it an option to have a sound...

You must add a checkbox somewhere or a radio button. It could be on the homepage or in the user CP. This setting must be saved along with the user other settings in the database. Your condition in portal.php and/or index.php must check in the database if the setting is true or false for the current user (found with his member number). I dunno if it's a direct request or if a stored procedure is used. I don't even know if you guys use a sql database. These questions must be answered first.

It's a bit more difficult task than simply adding a sound effect to a page link, especially for someone who have only a bit of web programming experience.
  Find