Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Damage cap removal patch

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
I could have sworn I saw a damage cap removal patch somewhere, I wanted to know if anyone here might know where it is. If I am crazy and this doesn't exist, I will make it myself. Just wanted to know before I put the time into making it.
  Find

Status
None
Yep, it is out there.

Patch

Other information

Haven't done anything with it myself, yet, so... good luck.

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(08-13-2012, 01:51 PM)Catone Wrote: Yep, it is out there.

Patch

Other information

Haven't done anything with it myself, yet, so... good luck.

Ahh, you beat me to it XD

There's a thread around here about it, but I couldn't remember where was it. The patch is hosted on this site, and I could have provided the direct link to it If I had my computer..however it's been broken for a week or more now. Thanks Catone Tongue

Status
Obliviscence
Thanks, I knew it was somewhere around here. And thanks for the link about the 24 bit monster hp patch too, I will be using both of these in my hack. I am going to do something a little different with the damage cap tho. I'm going to use the unknown damage type bit that currently appears to do nothing act as a break damage cap bit, allowing me to only set up certain attacks to break the limit. Might also make a relic/weapon effect that allows breaking the cap or even a new status effect.

Thanks again!
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Status
Traitor
Just try to balance the damage output. :3
  Find

Status
None
Yeah, balance and 32k dmg dont really join hand-in-hand while tip toeing through tulips without a little convincing... Sorry, old very bad song referance there.

That being said, I played with this last night and, while very enjoyable to slap that many numbers on some critter stupid enough to attack you is fun, a serious overhaul of end game monster hp is pretty much required at this point. Old super Kefka gonna need a few mil hp to be a challenge...

Also, the bug fix for magic power 140+ overflow, if not already installed. I didnt test without it but I would imagine its still required? The readme file with this, while detailed, flows logically not numerically. About the only patch Ive installed so far actually using a patcher. Rest Ive mapped and done manually, in other words, not exactly sure where it goes.

Status
Obliviscence
The original plan was to only put it on a handful of abilities for offensive characters so that multi-hit moves aren't required for good damage output. The relic and status ideas are extra and will depend on balancing. My hack will have a harder late game, and very hard post-game. So no worries there. Maybe I will scale back the damage to 19,999 max.
  Find