Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
New Magic System and Character Details

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
This new magic system is meant to make players choose their party wisely before going into battle.
Only certain characters can use certain abilities, Bartz being the only exception.

Black Spells (Replacing Rage)
-------------------------------
Fire
Blizzard
Thunder
Fira
Blizzara
Thundara
Firaga
Thundaga
Blizzaga
Bio
Water
Stone
Aero
MORE TO COME

White Spells (Replacing Lore)
-------------------------------
Cure
Cura
Curaga
Curaja
Life
Arise (Life 2)
Reraise (Life 3)
Regen
Shell
Blink
Protect
Haste
Hastaga
Invisable
Silence
Confuse
Mini
Dispel
Esuna
Libra (Scan)
Holy

Time (Replacing MagiTek)
------------------------
Slow
Stop
Big Guard
X-Zone
Gravity
Gravaga
Comet
Ultima

Firion - Pretty much the Red Mage of the game. Red Mages can use a combination of both Black and White magic, but his magical damaging and healing won't be as good as the main Black and White Mages of the game.
For example, a spell that would normally do 9999 may only do 3000. Firion has Medium Offense and Medium Defense.

Onion Knight - Orion as I call him can use Black and White but only certain spells. Orion has Strong Offense and Strong Defense.

Dark Knight Cecil - Cecil can use "Dark" as his secondary ability. Dark acts as a "Gravija" type spell (The third form of Gravity), but it damage him as well. Cecil has a Strong Offense and Strong Defense.

Kain - The only Dragoon in the game, he'll make some fights essential with his unique Jump ability. Kain has a Medium Offense and a Strong Defense.

Bartz (Freelancer) - Bartz, unlike Firion and Orion can change jobs through the Status Screen in the Main Menu. He starts with Fight and Time Magic. He has Medium Offense and Medium Defense.

Faris (Summoner) - Faris will be the only summoner in the game which makes her a key candidate for summoning your favorite Espers. Faris has Weak Offense and Weak Defense.

Terra - Terra is a master of Black Magic and ultimately the only person fit for casting Black Magic at it's fullest. Terra has Weak Offense and Weak Defense.

Setzer - Setzer is that ace in the hole character, he'll bring your party good fortune with his Lucky Dice. He has Medium Offense and Medium Defense.

Cloud - Cloud has the unique ability to use "Limit". Each Limit will consume 100MP while he starts with 100MP. Each natural hit will slowly gain you MP back until fully recharged to 100%. Cloud has Strong Offense and Medium Defense.

Tifa - Tifa can also use "Limit" which for her will replace Blitz. Tifa has a Medium Offense and a Medium Defense.

Squall - Squall has Limit as well. Squall has a Medium Offense and a Medium Defense.

Rinoa - Rinoa is the only character able to fully use White Magic at it's fullest. She'll be a necessity if you wish to use some of the major White spells. Rinoa has a Weak Offense and a Weak Defense.

Zidane - Zidane is the only character able to use Trance, which boosts his Offense by double the power. He unfortunately cannot use Dyne because of limitations to the current engine. Zidane has Strong Offense and Medium Defense. Zidanes offense is considered "Very Strong" once in Trance.

Tidus - Tidus is that famous Blitz Ball player who has the unique Over Drive ability. Tidus has Strong Offense and Medium Defense.
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Instead of stone, if it's going to turn someone to stone, make it petrify, if it's going to deal earth elemental damage, then call it Rock or Earth.

Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find

Status
Traitor
I've ran into a ton of issues while working on this hack but I'm stuck with this magic system. I'm adamant about using "Magic" as Limit because of the MP usage.
I want MagiTek to be "Time Magic", and Lore to be White magic.
That leaves Black Magic, and there's no way of getting it to replace Rage.

The game really is limited for what I wish to do.
  Find

Status
None
are you using hexadecimals to do this right? mind on letting me know how to make a character call all esper summons by list that takes MP more than one time? basically like the way FFIV did.

Threads: 25
Status
None
Well if one is really good at hex hacking, they could finish the Summon command, I've looked deep into the game, and apparently, that's what Summon was originally supposed to do, but they ended up canceling it becuase of the limited space.

Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find

Threads: 12
Status
None
I don't get Hex Hacking at all, which REALLY limits my hacking potential. Can somebody explain it in layman's terms?
  Find

Status
Traitor
I'm going to sprite the magic system up by the use of FF6MDE and FF3usME.
I only need Firions sprite to really finish this.
  Find

Status
None
I'm so excited ^.^
I love how your using Tidus.
Is his overdrive Spiral Cut, Slice & Dice or the last one?

Status
None
You know, you could do like I did, maybe you could do the Summon Menu, and what of the "Magic" ability?

Status
Traitor
I could very well do that but I'm limited to the amount of menus I can use.
The Magic Menu will now be "Limit" so that I can restrict how many people use their limits.
Each limit will be 100MP, you only get 100MP.
Every round that the character attacks, he'll get a certain amount of MP back until he reaches 100 and can then perform another limit.
  Find