Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
mode 7 background

Status
None
is there any way to change the color palette of the horizon while riding a chocobo or piloting an airship. i want to get the bottom half of the screen in the world of balance to match the world of ruin's color.

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Novalia Spirit's website has the documentation of the EE bank, which handles mode 7 of the game.

Go to the portal. Under navigation, click "links and resources". There should be a link to Novalia Spirit's website.

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Just use the Level Editor and find/change the palette of the horizon color..?

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
the level editor does not change the lower half of the screen. i copied every color palette from the world of ruin to match with the world of balance and i still get the world of balance horizon line with the world of ruin sky.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-12-2012, 01:14 AM)kefkapapala Wrote: the level editor does not change the lower half of the screen. i copied every color palette from the world of ruin to match with the world of balance and i still get the world of balance horizon line with the world of ruin sky.

You can change everything in this game with the documentation available and the amount of time spent of disassembling this game. If what Gi Nattak say doesn't work or the level editor doesn't allow you to to do it, then there must be a way to do it with ASM, though I don't have the time to look for an answer. You should start learning how to read and modify code for any medium hacking difficulty task, e.g. everything that can't be done with the editor we have. Angelo gave you the place to look for.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
I still think it can be changed in LE, as I changed mine to be darker a long time ago and every color on the map including all parts of the sky can be changed, (I think) unless I've gravely mistaken. I'll check it out today and see for myself and report back.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
what is ASM?

Status
Tissue-aware
snes assembly language: link
  Find

Status
None
also i have a hex editor, but which one do you recommend for ff6? what i mean is that is there a specific hex editor to change the bottom half of the mode 7 background?

Status
Tissue-aware
(07-16-2012, 05:02 PM)kefkapapala Wrote: also i have a hex editor, but which one do you recommend for ff6? what i mean is that is there a specific hex editor to change the bottom half of the mode 7 background?

Finger No. Every Hex editor can either change everything you want or nothing. It's like asking which pen is the best to write an essay or which pen is made to write an essay.

As for Hex editor, I would recommand HxD or IVI32. They have their own special features. Most people like WindHex and if it would not support tables, it would find the way to my recycle bin very fast. Sadly, none of the three has a special feature made for FF3us exclusively that change the bottom half of the mode 7 background. We live in a sad world.
  Find