Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
editing abilities

Status
None
how do i edit abilities, such as allowing to summon espers and have dualcast/x-magic at the same, or to have esper summoning as a separate ability?

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(07-03-2012, 04:57 PM)kefkapapala Wrote: how do i edit abilities, such as allowing to summon espers or to have esper summoning as a separate ability?

The game has a built-in summon command that allows you to continuously summon the same esper equipped. The command is broken, though. But Lenophis fixed the command with his Summon This! patch.

If what you're looking is to have a custom window in battle in which you can select from a variety of espers to summon, then you need to hack some routines in C1 Bank to be able to make the summon command open a window, read the esper names and display those in that window. Of course, you also need to set the cursor (finger) position, select the text position, display the MP cost of each esper...as well as allow the screen to scroll around while browsing the variety of espers. This requires some heavy coding. Hopefully some routines from C1 can be reused for this purpose.

(07-03-2012, 04:57 PM)kefkapapala Wrote: dualcast/x-magic at the same,

Since I don't use usME too much, I'm not aware if you can simply assign dualcast instead of the regular magic command to someone. I suspect you can, though.

Dualcast is an ability triggered by equipping a relic, so there is probably some ASM code related to it in the C2 Bank. In case you assign the command through usME, you could just make magic behave in the same way as dualcast through ASM.

I hope that provides some help.