Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
battle sprite corruption

Status
None
i just applied a few patches to my ff6 rom, (the uncensored patch and the summoning patch) and now it seems to have messed up the summoning sprites. what causes this problem and how can i fix it?
i also patched protraited and ff3usme will not allow me to edit the battle scripts because i get a notice about shared sprites or overlapping scripts.

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Those first two patches might be conflicting with each other...but wait, what summoning patch are you talking about exactly?

Have you applied any other patches before those two? And most importantly, did you make sure to see if you needed to patch with a header/headerless ROM? Sounds like this may be the problem, you got to make real sure to patch correctly or there will be disastrous consequences.

Also, have you made any monster/Esper sprite changes in the sprite editor right around that time? Try opening it up to see how much damage it did, to maybe put back the sprites that were damaged - but honestly if there are no anti-patches, I'd get rid of that ROM and either start over fresh, or hopefully you got a backup right before you went and applied the patches. You...did make a backup before applying patches, right...??

Maybe try applying the first two patches one by one on a backup, and see if when you apply the 2n'd one if it causes the problem. Either you're not patching them correctly, or they conflict with each other.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
am i able to send the patch as an attachment? i got many patches that have damaged data such as the world of ruin.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
no attachments allowed

send him or me a PM with your email and we can see whats up

or u can add either of us on skype n we can help you more hands on

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-02-2012, 11:56 AM)kefkapapala Wrote: i just applied a few patches to my ff6 rom, (the uncensored patch and the summoning patch) and now it seems to have messed up the summoning sprites. what causes this problem and how can i fix it?
i also patched protraited and ff3usme will not allow me to edit the battle scripts because i get a notice about shared sprites or overlapping scripts.

As stated in this thread, if you talk about the patch that restore the original japanese graphics, you must apply the patch before any sprite modification if you plan to do some. This patch is also for headered ROM only I belive.
  Find

Status
None
another issue that occurs is when i use ff le and i edit south figaro under the imperial invasion, mog appears in the top right corner of the overworld instead of te select a scenario. why does this occur and is there a hex address to fix this problem?

Status
Tissue-aware
(07-03-2012, 12:24 AM)kefkapapala Wrote: another issue that occurs is when i use ff le and i edit south figaro under the imperial invasion, mog appears in the top right corner of the overworld instead of te select a scenario. why does this occur and is there a hex address to fix this problem?

The scenario map and South Figaro map are 2 different maps. Changing something on one has no effect on the other one. What I think is happening, although I would need more details on the manipulations you have done with FF6LE, is that there is a problem with the exits/entrance on the scenario map and Mog appear in the top left corner (position 1,1) instead of wherever he should.

Edit: Double check the coordinates and the map where you should appear of the entrance/exit of the said map and modify them to what they were originally. Compare with an unmodified ROM if you want to be sure.
  Find

Status
None
could having an exit map from world of balance to world of ruin have any effect on it. i inserted an exit where mog ends up on the overworld but when i go to the choose a scenarion screen he disappears.
i just found a to remedy the problem by inserting a small island in which mog goes to the scenarion screen and i found out that my coordinates were out of bounds.
unfortunately it seems the entire event was removed and i cannot even get to the invasion of narshe.

Status
Tissue-aware
(07-03-2012, 01:11 PM)kefkapapala Wrote: unfortunately it seems the entire event was removed and i cannot even get to the invasion of narshe.

FF6LE doesn't erase complete events. It's not because you have a black screen that the event is erased. However, if you're using FF6LE Rogue, saving with it can lead to Serpent Trench map corruption or mine cart event corruption. The kind of corruption you're talking about is new to me, but it could be caused by FF6LE Rogue, who knows...
  Find

Status
None
i did not use rogue because of the serpent trench bug (and apprently the magitek mine cart background). it seems this bug activate when i insert an exit from world of balance to world of ruin and vise versa. if i send a copy of my rom you can have a look at it.