Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SNES FF3 - Small Youtube Project

Status
None
Hi guys. I am new to the site and what not and thought this would be the best place to seek info on advice about all things FF6 hacking. I am currently working on a video project for youtube using a hacked FF3 (SNES) ROM. The ROM used will have custom characters (and character sprite) and hopefully custom maps

The project is fairly new and I don't have the time to create a full game although that would be awesome. I am quite shakey in skills like event editing so I consider this a summer project although if the videos become a hit I would like to create a series.

I haven't decided what to do for it yet since I am still sorting out sprites, maps and seeking help on how to edit events properly although i would like to get others involved with helping design sprites. Any help will be credited indefinitely.

Basic Idea
======================

My basic idea for the video is basically based around a group of characters living in a town getting up to all kinds of shenanigans every week ( I haven't ironed out the details but that's the basic idea) with some cameo characters

I would like to include -

Character Cameo's -(from original ff6 to out of game characters)
Nice comical dialogue - ( People enjoy a witty one liner or a pun)
Good referencing - (Everyone loves a nice out of context reference)
A colorful and interesting cast of characters -
A gripping plot - (Something to get them hooked on the series)
No Ponys - (They wont be sucking this series in)

To do list
======================

Events Text -

Dialogue/Text edit - ( Currently being worked on)
Events Edit - (Not yet started )

Graphics -

Maps -

Custom Main Town Map -
Custom house interior maps -
Battle Background Img -

Portraits -

(Portraits wont be needed until characters and sprites are sorted)

Sprites -

( Need) Renamon Sprites -
Custom Soldier Sprites -

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
The concept is nice, but I didn't see any ideas or description about what you want to do? Share some ideas, that might help people become interested.

Either Madsiur, Nattak or I can help with event editing. Madsiur and Nattak are able to compose new music. Poco, Sutebenu and Henry are the guys for the custom sprites.

I haven't seen anyone hack a battle background, yet. But it could be possible.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
I think it's a nice project but personally, other than helping you with events, music hacking, ASM or general stuff if you have problem, I can't get involved actively in a project, mainly because I have one and I can't even find a decent amount of time to continue it. But I'll be happy to help if you have problems. As for your video being a hit, unless you put "My little poney" or Pokemon characters in it, you will rarely have more than 200 views but there is exceptions.

I made ASM hacking video and I barely got 100 views. Plus random people ask me silly stuff instead of commenting the purpose of the video.

-When the sage point the moon, the idiot look at the finger.
  Find

Status
None
(06-24-2012, 07:16 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: The concept is nice, but I didn't see any ideas or description about what you want to do? Share some ideas, that might help people become interested.

Either Madsiur, Nattak or I can help with event editing. Madsiur and Nattak are able to compose new music. Poco, Sutebenu and Henry are the guys for the custom sprites.

I haven't seen anyone hack a battle background, yet. But it could be possible.

(06-24-2012, 09:08 PM)Madsiur Wrote: I think it's a nice project but personally, other than helping you with events, music hacking, ASM or general stuff if you have problem, I can't get involved actively in a project, mainly because I have one and I can't even find a decent amount of time to continue it. But I'll be happy to help if you have problems. As for your video being a hit, unless you put "My little poney" or Pokemon characters in it, you will rarely have more than 200 views but there is exceptions.

I made ASM hacking video and I barely got 100 views. Plus random people ask me silly stuff instead of commenting the purpose of the video.

-When the sage point the moon, the idiot look at the finger.

@Angelo26 - I have updated the original post. thank you for pointing that out. And I would appreciate all the help I can get i can hopefully get this project finished by the end of the summer.

The biggest thing I am stuck on is the event editing. The tutorials on youtube are not as helpful as i thought although I dont want to drag on about it over the comments section but I would be willing to have a chat over Personal message

@Madsiur -Thank you for the info. I appreciate all help. I will have to get in contact with the listed people and seek their help.

I am indeed worried about the ratings, the Final Fantasy classics are unappreciated these days by Cloud/Sephiroth fan girls and what not but I have a plan of cameo references and known characters appearing in series if it ever kicks off

although i would never use pony's. I am personally against the whole MLP brony thing, Its a kids show (which seems likely to aimed at young girls) watched by grown men which is creepy no matter how much they try to justify it and what it is what I would personally consider a cult.

One of the other main reasons is although it will attract a wider audience they would only be interested in the pony concept and because I don't want the series to be affiliated with the endless spiral of pony memes and referencing

I find the trick is a light but gripping story plot may be the trick without having to resort to ponys. And even if it doesn't blow up in popularity the end result of the creation will be well worth the effort and work, hey maybe I'l keep improving on it until its perfect Smile