Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6: The Sacred Destiny

Status
None
ANOTHER UPDATE: The Overworld Graphics are screwed up for the WoB so i am currently redoing everything, which is easier than it sounds for me
UPDATE: The Title is now FF6: The Sacred Destiny, It was originally FF6: The Sacred Crystals, The name sounded to much like The Eternal Crystals Hack

this is a hack made by me that is in PRE-ALPHA stages so no release for a little while;[

the main plot is a man does not remember his name and is in a troop eventually he discovers that... well i dont know what

I have removed all pics because all of that is now false promoting this hack

also a little fact: I have never played FF7

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
I'm going to be brutally honest and say that so far there is nothing here at all that sounds like anything worth getting excited about. Is Cloud not supposed to be Cloud here, or what? The screenshots you provided show nothing at all really except dialog changes, and shows little promise.

Also, the name for the hack sounds far to much like a rip-off Eternal Crystals imo.

Maybe you can list some of the changes you plan to implement into your hack, that will get people excited about it. I'm not sure how serious of a hack you are planning to make.

Anyways, uh..good luck with it.

(06-16-2012, 07:25 PM)Mudkippower1 Wrote: and that is a few sneek peaks of what i have instore, all i hope is that i dont get banned because i havent put a download to it Cover

If that is all you hope, worry no more! Why would you think you might get banned for not putting up a download link to your personal project that is in alpha stage? That is beyond me.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
well said Mike

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
(06-16-2012, 07:25 PM)Mudkippower1 Wrote: this is a hack made by me that is in PRE-ALPHA stages so no release for a little while;[

the main plot is a man does not remember his name and is in a troop eventually he discovers that... well i dont know whatLaugh

so here are a few pics for your pleasure
[Image: lNt2f.png]
[Image: tzGsC.png]
[Image: cV6t7.png]

and that is a few sneek peaks of what i have instore, all i hope is that i dont get banned because i havent put a download to it Cover

also a little fact: I have never played FF7

Take this advice from one of the old tymers of FF3us/FF6 hacking (circa 2000). Focus first on the gameplay, strategy, and player --> character involvement before you even THINK about graphics, audio, and or dialogue. You can do the menu, item/magic/monster/esper/etc naming but stop there. Trust me, it makes your game every bit the awesome game it could be if you focus more on the player experience. Nothing is worse than a dialogue/text only and or graphic only hack with absolutely no substance. And most importantly enjoy what your doing!

I mean literally, something as simple as cutting every non-monster statistic in half literally changes the entire game flow. Start with the easy stuff in FF3usME then work your way out.

In the end you'll have a mod that everyone looks forward to. Laugh

My Mystic Quest mod I just release is the personification of my point. Almost zero graphics and very little text was changed but the entire game feels and acts different, thus creating a new environment for the player.

P.S. It takes a lot to get banned here apparently. Just be yourself and avoid abusing other members and claiming someone else's work as your own. Smile

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
also well said lol

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
(06-16-2012, 08:29 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: I'm going to be brutally honest and say that so far there is nothing here at all that sounds like anything worth getting excited about. Is Cloud not supposed to be Cloud here, or what? The screenshots you provided show nothing at all really except dialog changes, and shows little promise.

Also, the name for the hack sounds far to much like a rip-off Eternal Crystals imo.

Maybe you can list some of the changes you plan to implement into your hack, that will get people excited about it. I'm not sure how serious of a hack you are planning to make.

Anyways, uh..good luck with it.

Well i just recently Started back up this project after taking a 3 month break, i hardly even remember what i was trying to do last... so i guess i will find a different title for this instead of Sacred Crystals. Also i am trying to do everything i remember doing a while back, And i am
currently making a few bosses custom. i am was just making a few adjustments to a few characters.

Um i dont know what you meant by "Is Cloud not supposed to be Cloud here, or what?"

(06-16-2012, 11:18 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: Take this advice from one of the old tymers of FF3us/FF6 hacking (circa 2000). Focus first on the gameplay, strategy, and player --> character involvement before you even THINK about graphics, audio, and or dialogue. You can do the menu, item/magic/monster/esper/etc naming but stop there. Trust me, it makes your game every bit the awesome game it could be if you focus more on the player experience. Nothing is worse than a dialogue/text only and or graphic only hack with absolutely no substance. And most importantly enjoy what your doing!

I mean literally, something as simple as cutting every non-monster statistic in half literally changes the entire game flow. Start with the easy stuff in FF3usME then work your way out.

In the end you'll have a mod that everyone looks forward to. Laugh

My Mystic Quest mod I just release is the personification of my point. Almost zero graphics and very little text was changed but the entire game feels and acts different, thus creating a new environment for the player.

P.S. It takes a lot to get banned here apparently. Just be yourself and avoid abusing other members and claiming someone else's work as your own. Smile

Thank you for your advice. Now i shall do some changes to Aerith (Replacement of Celes)

EDIT: I am replacing Aerith with a different character Laugh

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-17-2012, 08:37 AM)Mudkippower1 Wrote: Well i just recently Started back up this project after taking a 3 month break, i hardly even remember what i was trying to do last... so i guess i will find a different title for this instead of Sacred Crystals. Also i am trying to do everything i remember doing a while back, And i am
currently making a few bosses custom. i am was just making a few adjustments to a few characters.

I would personally document your changes. It helps a lot when you take a break and come back where you left. Another this is you might want to try to do events, it's good for originality.

Find

Status
None
(06-17-2012, 01:03 PM)Madsiur Wrote: I would personally document your changes. It helps a lot when you take a break and come back where you left. Another this is you might want to try to do events, it's good for originality.

Thank you for the extra advice but sadly the overworld graphics was screwed up so i am redoing the whole project... Hmm which wasnt that much and i am removing cloud, also i might not do events just maybe.