Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Evaluate please

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I tried the patch on a clean rom shortly after my post and it turns out that I may be doing something wrong.

But I don't know what it is I put in the correct Address and enter in a random value like "22" and then test it out with no other mods and it still doesn't work the enemy is defeated normally as if the patch wasn't applied at all.

If you can tell me why I would consider using this patch again with your fix.

Wink So whats the plan? Objection! Go chargin in guns blazin!

Youtube:2010gaje http://www.youtube.com/user/2010gaje
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 237
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-18-2012, 07:21 PM)Gaje Wrote: But I don't know what it is I put in the correct Address and enter in a random value like "22" and then test it out with no other mods and it still doesn't work the enemy is defeated normally as if the patch wasn't applied at all.

Well I just tested it for the first time and the patch works. You apply this patch to a headered ROM and then change one or more of the bytes in the following range: 0FD150 to 0FD2CF. For monster 00 (guard) you change the first byte (0FD150), for monster 380 (unnamed) you edit the byte at 0FD2CC. You can enter any value from 00 to FE and 1 equal = 65635 hp.

I don't know what to really say more. You might have the wrong byte or maybe you have a 1.1 ROM and the patch for some reason would only work with 1.0. This is not specified in the readme. If you have a HP loop in your monster script on top of that maybe there is a conflict, I dunno. I can only speculate at that point.

Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I found a V1.0 ROM but it has no header and its impossible to give it a header because each ROM has a specific header.

oh well I'll keep looking but in the meantime I'll continue my Mega Man hacks
which is why I haven't been here in a while.
thanks.

Wink So whats the plan? Objection! Go chargin in guns blazin!

Youtube:2010gaje http://www.youtube.com/user/2010gaje
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
pm me ur email and I'll send u a clean headered rom

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC