you should explain which weapon was tweaked and give some input

here is a post showing a few of the original weapon graphics

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...hp?tid=914

here is 1 I just did

its a custom sword replacing the man eater graphic

I was going to replace the falchion but couldnt find the graphic

[Image: imgshk.png]

give me some feedback

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
Looks pretty awesome to me.
Makes me wanna sprite my own weapons. :p
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
thanks man

I guess I'll make a patch

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
well here I go again

I created the buster sword

here are some screen shots

-HNIC

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
real nice bro...
  Find

Status
None
thanks man

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-20-2012, 12:20 AM)Poco Loco Wrote: [Image: imgshk.png] [Image: imgshk.png] [Image: imgshk.png]

This is epic but I have a question regarding that: let's say you weapon in the ROM is displayed in diagonal. I don't know how much space a weapon sprite occupy but let's say he occupy a square when you view the graphic in YY-CHR. His maximum length is the diagonal of the square. If you want to import/replace with a bigger or longer weapon sprite, how do you do that?

It would somehow shift the data and you would need to change all the pointers relative to the subsequent data unless data unless you overwrite part of another graphic... So is there a way to replace a sprite with a bigger one without much consequences?

Edit: The answer is probably no but maybe there is something I didn't get...
  Find

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
:O

This is so awesome!
You need to make a patch of the Buster Sword! Wink
  Find

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Agreed, you need to make a patch for the Buster Sword. That is incredibly awesome.
  Find

Status
None
@ madsiur well there can be some issues involving that, most weapon graphics are jumbled up, you can attempt to make a smaller weapon bigger but you must be very careful about the whole thing, anything out of bounds can screw up another weapon or even spell graphic

most big weapons are scattered piece by peace and some weapons even share certain parts (all spears have the same stick with a different head, and certain swords use the same handle)

I know for a face that a handful of weapons have their own individual graphic, like the man eater, the enhancer, the falchion, and the brushes (just to name a few), but if graphics are imported it is possible that data can be shifted around a bit

but all in all editing weapons (especially big ones) is a very delicate process, which takes time and skill (not trying to brag here just being honest)

I feel it would be better if I spoke with you directly about it madsiur but in the meantime I hope this helps

I already made the patch :p

but the problem is since media fire n mega upload are......well u know

just shoot me a pm with your email and I'll be more then happy to email it 2 u

just keep in mind it replaces the scimitar weapon and has its own custom palette (well technically an unused 1 that I didnt even need to edit)

-HNIC