Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A blast from my past

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
I found on one of my archives something which dates back in early 2000.

http://www.jce3000gt.com/secretpanda/old_site/

http://www.jce3000gt.com/secretpanda/UltraBoard.htm

I also found a pre-release beta of my FF3us HardType V0.701. So old...

Brings back memories. I wonder if Lord J remembers those times back on Yousei's board. Laugh

Speaking of Lord J, we should lure him here. Laugh

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
LOL @ Hemp Plant Cactuar, that's great. The idea of smoking a Cactuar is pretty hilarious.
I also love Terra's starting helm called "Hair". XD

Yeah, this is great. I love these early works back when FFVI hacking was just taking off.
The hack looks awesome for being one of the earliest. I really wish I was interested in ROM hacking back then to partake in the fun. Sometimes I like to look at the oldest posts in various forums, just to get an idea of how it all came to be, and what the original ROM hackers were up to back then. This is a great example.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
(11-28-2011, 07:08 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: LOL @ Hemp Plant Cactuar, that's great. The idea of smoking a Cactuar is pretty hilarious.
I also love Terra's starting helm called "Hair". XD

Yeah, this is great. I love these early works back when FFVI hacking was just taking off.
The hack looks awesome for being one of the earliest. I really wish I was interested in ROM hacking back then to partake in the fun. Sometimes I like to look at the oldest posts in various forums, just to get an idea of how it all came to be, and what the original ROM hackers were up to back then. This is a great example.

Laugh

The "Hair" helmet was a joke at first if I recall correctly. I didn't or forgot to change the name to Hair Band or something like that.

And, I cannot even remember if I kept the Hemp Plant name in. Can anyone confirm? I haven't played my FF3usHT in probably like 5-6+ years. God, I cannot believe sometimes that this hack is almost 12 years old!!

Funny fact, the Cerena Blade was too powerful and I not only nerfed it but changed the name. I have no clue what it turned itself into...

I miss the old days of SNES ROM hacking. Everything was fresh and new. Like when I released my FF5 Editor in 2001 (?) it was like "holy sh**".

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]