Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Writers?

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Anyone here like to write? I wanted to share some of my works with you guys, but I was curious if you also write poetry/short stories/etc.?

[Image: AegisBanner01.png]

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
when it comes to crafting short stories and poems I simply do not participate in that. (well short stories sometimes) I am a novelist my good sir.
  Find

Status
None
I want to be a Novelist, too. But, I'm going for a short story (maybe a Novella) to get my feet wet in the writing industry. Smile

Status
None
I have been known to do all of the above — poetry and short stories, with a novel in progress at the moment, and numerous abandoned attempts at one made before — with poetry appearing in especially large quantities.

Status
None
Cool. I currently got an original character from a dream I had (Wednesday, the 12th of October). And I wrote the character down, and I think I can write a short story/novella about her.

I also have some novel ideas that I want to put onto paper. One is a revenge story set in a fantasy world with a twist to the revenge idea.

The other is futuristic fantasy world in which the world is being destroyed by volcanoes, and two men try to save the people. But the question is... which one has good intentions, and which one does not?

I also have a novel idea called the "Three Rivers," and a story dealing with Dragons and Pixies. so, I have quite a few ideas.

Status
None
Well, the only thing to do is to write them out one at a time.

Status
None
Also since you seem to veer towards fantasy I warn you now; there will be a tremendous amount of "research" involved in order to craft a world of fantasy. Also keep in mind your readers, who will want to read this story, what age group and denominations would find this intriguing? Is this a Young Adult Fantasy story or a Hard/Soft-core Fantasy story?

I once spent three months doing nothing but world crafting before I ever evolved the characters and the plot; sometimes that is necessary since part of my world crafting were the innumerous systems of magic and psychic prowess; other times it isn't all that necessary. Part of writing novels is discovery and an open mind. So reach out, do the research and go for it.
  Find

Status
None
Ehh, I just write things out and divine the rules from what I've written.

Status
None
yes and from what I have seen that may be the very reason you have so many abandoned projects. There was obviously something about them that you felt they lacked. I am not shooting what you believe down I am just trying to tell you to keep an open mind and to try different ways of writing so that you can grow as a writer.
  Find

Status
None
Most of what I abandoned involved more extensive worldbuilding — I ended up so caught up in it that I never managed to form good characters. I suppose I may be a bit odd in that regard, but when I just write and come up with things, I find I can extract the world and polish it much better than trying to make it and then write a story. I don't mean to say extensive worldbuilding beforehand is bad, but it surely won't work for everybody.