Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Weapon Palettes

Status
None
Hello everyone, I was wondering if any of you know if weapon palettes are shared with anything else in the game[like character palettes]? Id hate to go changing a bunch of things and have it all look like garbage when I can just take the time to ask a community like this one that has a vast wellspring of information. thanks for any help you can give me.

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
Hello, and welcome. No, weapon palettes are not shared with anything else like any objects or NPC's, like character palettes are shared with each other, nothing like that. But, they are however shared with spell index palettes, so be careful with that. Other than that, there shouldn't be anything else that will be altered by changing the weapon palettes to whatever that I can think of. So in other words, weapons and spells share palette indexes.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
hm, interesting. Thanks a lot Gi, I hit a wall there for a moment.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
also keep in mind, that there are a lot of unused dummy palettes, you can always use those when it comes to creating new weapon palettes Wink

I can provide a full list whenever I get the chance to do so

kick ass avatar by the way lol

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Yeah, I didn't want to mess with anything too much, so I've just been trying various palettes to see how they look, some work better than others, but if there was a "free" palette, then that would be ideal. I was going to try to do a list of weapon sprites based on their code, like for example, ogre nix=1F, along with what said sprite looks like. I figured it would be useful for reference, and beginners like myself. thx by the way lol.

Status
None
there are quite a bit of them actually

mostly the last ones (255 and down)

keep in mind that many are repetitive palettes as well using usme is key to finding these

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
ff3usme doesn't seem to be saving the new palettes I replaced [255,254, etc] so I'm assuming I gotta use SNESPal, I opened the file up in it, and now I am unsure where to find the palettes I want to change, or what exactly to type, any pointers?

Status
None
hmmmm well I personally never got into it myself

but if the very last ones arent saving, its probably due to the fact that they are hard coded in (this is very common in FF6)

I would suggest looking past 75 and check them all out (or better yet the palettes that are being repeated)

-HNIC

Status
None
thanks a lot Poco, I'll be sure to document the changes I make and what works and doesn't work so this problem doesn't occur again for anyone. a lot of weapons share a similar palette, and for me its a little boring, so I want to add some variety. I'll post the outcome when I am able to do it, I'm at work atm.

Status
None
sounds good man

-HNIC