Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy & Dragon Quest Boss Hacks

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
I've decided to start working on something. I will be making a series of Boss Hacks, which will include bosses from FF and DQ. If I can get a few done then I'll attempt to make a hack.
Anyways the first boss that I plan on making is the Dragonlord, Information on him can be found here: http://dragonquest.wikia.com/wiki/Dragonlord

Here are the sprites I'm using (I didn't make them):

[Image: imgshk.png] [Image: imgshk.png]

Since the Dragonlord turns into a dragon after you've defeated him once, I want to make it so that after his taken so much damage he'll turn into a dragon. I would also like to have an event were he asks you to join him (like in the original game) and if you say yes then it's game over.

Characters that will be included (some sprites may be unfinished):

Dragon Quest V Hero

[Image: imgshk.png]

The Hero of DQV, he searches the world for his lost mother and the legendary hero.
DQV Hero will be your main attacker, with the best attack since he won't have any attacking abilities. He'll be able to cast a few spells but not many. I plan on giving him Control and renaming it to Tame since he could recruit monsters.

Cecil Harvey

The Main protagonist of FFIV, every one knows Cecil.
Cecil will be a decent attacker, I plan on making it so that when he has a certain relic equipped he will change into Dark Knight Cecil, this could be hard and will probably involve ASM hacking...
I'll also make it so that when his in Paladin form he'll have the True Knight ability.

Bianca

Bianca is the most popular choice for the wife in DQV, she is the hero's childhood Friend. Bianca will be a pure mage, capable of using black magic only. She'll be able to cast Fire spells mostly. I've yet to think of any sort of ability for her...

Vivi Orunitia

One of the main protagonist of FFIX. Vivi will be able to cast every black magic spell, I'll also put in some kind of Focus ability like he had in FFIX. This is my own version of Vivi, some idea's were used from Poco's and Sutebenu's though.

Some things may change, I'll add more info and stuff as I think of more idea's.
This will take some time to do since I have so many sprites to finish and stuff but I'm in no rush anyway.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(08-20-2011, 06:23 AM)FEOK Wrote: I would also like to have an event were he asks you to join him (like in the original game) and if you say yes then it's game over.

You want this to be an in-battle even (like Sabin vs. vargas) or an event outside of battle? Just wondering.

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
An outside event, I'll make a custom NPC for him and when you talk to him he'll ask you the question. Saying yes will make it gameover and saying no will engage battle. :p
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(08-21-2011, 05:36 AM)FEOK Wrote: An outside event, I'll make a custom NPC for him and when you talk to him he'll ask you the question. Saying yes will make it gameover and saying no will engage battle. :p

That's not hard to do then. It would be troublesome to do that inside battle, since the queues for battle events are not well understood.

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I'd play this if only due to the fact that the ever lovable completely adorable ridiculously powerful awe inspiringly wonderful Vivi!
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
which reminds me

I have 2 tweak his KO'd pose

he is on the list, but I just havent gotten 2 him yet

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Oh? I think it would be funny if he looked like he did in FF9 where he just straight onto his back, he is literally the only spritesheet where that would work, lol
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
well if it works for him

I left that for my dancer

I do plan on doing 1 just 2 see

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC