Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Azmyth Sprite UPDATE

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Fixed colors and made hair simpler, still trying to get the sprite looking good. I'm planning on leaving Celes spell casting animation on the sprite and tweaking it. It just may need a tad more shading, especially on the armor.
[Image: 226_19_08_11_11_01_55.png]
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Already what you have done to it has made it looked 1000x better than before, now it looks really pretty on the side sprites.

I still have another tip for you however; you need to put a good deal more shading in her hair, show individual strands or at least give enough shading in it to make it appear as hair. At the moment it appears more to be an odd hat that could be thought of as hair for the forward facing sprites and the hair in the sideways needs more attention.

Here's an example of what I am talking about that I did myself, I hope you don't mind that I took this and edited it; I find that I learn best by visual example and that was my only intention:

[Image: imgshk.png]
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
WOW! I had the idea of doing her front hair that way but it just came out bad, you cleared it up. I don't mind you editing my sprite at all, I'm kind of new at this thing though but I am learning. I'll keep on listening to you and try to improve this as I get time. I'll look at the other FFVI sprites to get assistance on the shading. This sprite came from a FFIV Hack with Terra and Celes and this elf character, Azmyth. I liked the design so much, I made my own version. I do learn better visually so we are in the same boat there.
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Ah, no problem at all. Believe it or not FEOK was once in your very shoes and now look at how exceptional his spriting is! It just takes time and practice and you'll be surprised just how great you will become!
  Find