Alena Sprite Sheet

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
[Image: imgshk.png]

[Image: imgshk.png]

This is Alena, the cute "Tomboy Princess" from Dragon Quest IV.
She's my second favorite Dragon Quest Character. :p
Theres a Kick sprite aswell but I did not make it.
Credit to the respected owner of the original sprite.

If you dont know what she looks like the look at this...

[Image: Alena_DS.png]
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
A real nice job, FEOK, as always Wink I'm not familiar with the character, or any DQ characters for that matter =X, but I really like this sprites vibrant colors, they really compliment each other nicely. Looking at the full size pic of her, I'd almost like to see the black spandex leggings incorporated somehow into the sprite, and of coarse a longer pointier hat, as the one the sprite has almost comes off as a sumbraro (sp?) But yeah, I know you did what you could considering the max size of the sprite. Looking forward to the next!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Crystal
Thanks a lot Gi Nattack. Smile
I dont think a lot of people here have played Dragon Quest ethir lolz.
Unfortantly I couldn't add the black leggings since there wasnt enough room on the pallete. Sad
I think the hat is pretty good but it would look even better if we could fit more on sprites...
But thanks again, and my next will be Aigis which will hopefully be be finished 2day. :p
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Hell yeah! Alena! She's my favorite from DQ4. I'm really impressed with the hat. Seriously, it looks great, and I think I would have cried if I had to draw it.

Status
Crystal
Lol thanks a lot.
I really like Alena to, I'm thinking about creating some custom abilities for her. Wink
I just updated the Kick sprite since it wasn't using the same pallete before >.>
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
sounds good if u do that I'll make a vid

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Crystal
That would be great. Smile

Since Alena didn't have any abilities in DQ4 I will have to think of some...
Dragon Fantasy does have some abilities for her though, Take a look at this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwCi3EFoO...ure=relmfu

See the kick that she does?
If you pause the video as she does it you'll see that theres a falcon shape there, if I could find a way to get that in FF6 then I think that "Falcon Kick" would be an awesome name for it. Wink
I'd also like to give her Sabins Aura Bolt but rename it something else and maybe change the pallete.
Theres a lot of things I could do but I've never really made animations before... so I'll probobly have a bit of trouble lol.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
the kick is always iffy, but I'm sure u can figure something out

if anything I can help u out as well

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
I watched the video and the creator of the game called the move "Taiga Bureiku" (Tiger Break). So you could always call it that if you wanted to be 'accurate' or whatever.

Status
Crystal
Tiger Break sounds good. Smile

I already made an animation were she kicks, I used your water kick and took out the bubbles and stuff. :p
Theres no sound atm though and the kick sprite comes out messed up, I dont know how to fix that yet. Also near the end of the video she does another move, "Boulder Toss" would be a good name for that one. :p
I'd really appriciate your help if your willing to. Smile
  Find