Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy Legacy, shut down!

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Final Fantasy Online, I think so at least.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Status
Regen
Um, what is Final Fantasy Legacy and why should I miss it?

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Status
Traitor
Final Fantasy Legacy was an MMORPG designed by fans. It recreated FFIV completed with some added on content. Your party consisted of other players. While this sounds really cool and amazing, their was only one cool developer (Alba I think his name was) that wasn't a complete douche bag. The community consisted of 4chan kids and more. It's the sole reason I quit playing the game.

Great game and concept, just run by the wrong people.

source:
http://fflegacy.forumotion.net/
  Find

Threads: 5
Status
None
(07-06-2011, 11:42 AM)Zεεຕใร Wrote: Final Fantasy Legacy was an MMORPG designed by fans. It recreated FFIV completed with some added on content. Your party consisted of other players. While this sounds really cool and amazing, their was only one cool developer (Alba I think his name was) that wasn't a complete douche bag. The community consisted of 4chan kids and more. It's the sole reason I quit playing the game.

source:

Lol, nostalgia. Looking at their change log from 2008, I encountered and fixed some bugs they had too. Things would of been a lot smoother had I not spent several hours a day reverse-engineering their code. Functional but fragile. I attempted to get back into BYOND for my own cliche fantasy project, but the engine is just too freaking shady for me to get consistent FPS rates even on the most simple projects, drives me insane. Why can't mmo development be any easier, rageee.
  Find

Status
Traitor
Yeah, BYOND is wayyyyyy to laggy and it doesn't need to be. It was designed really badly. A sprite based game shouldn't give anyone bad FPS lol.
  Find

Threads: 1
Status
None
Yes, Byond sux for mmorpg's.. D:
If your trying to get a game that can hold 1000 users, you'd need something else; cause byond isn't capable of that. D:

I'm da stress kitty!!!
  Find

Status
Traitor
It's hard to find any sort of sprite-based MMORPG creator that can do what Byond did, regardless of the lag.
If you guys find one that can make an MMORPG utilizing the ATB system, tell me and we can start making something together. :3

Long live the ATB system, it seems to be dieing out sadly.
  Find

Threads: 33
Status
None
(07-06-2011, 04:39 PM)SDeluxe Wrote:
(07-06-2011, 11:42 AM)Zεεຕใร Wrote: Final Fantasy Legacy was an MMORPG designed by fans. It recreated FFIV completed with some added on content. Your party consisted of other players. While this sounds really cool and amazing, their was only one cool developer (Alba I think his name was) that wasn't a complete douche bag. The community consisted of 4chan kids and more. It's the sole reason I quit playing the game.

source:
Agreed. It was too confusing(not like the original FF4 game) my male Account (which some of you guessed) got accidenly involved with a Chan convect where I suspect some awful users(OMG..it sounded Like Awful fantasy Talk)Hold on

Lol, nostalgia. Looking at their change log from 2008, I encountered and fixed some bugs they had too. Things would of been a lot smoother had I not spent several hours a day reverse-engineering their code. Functional but fragile. I attempted to get back into BYOND for my own cliche fantasy project, but the engine is just too freaking shady for me to get consistent FPS rates even on the most simple projects, drives me insane. Why can't mmo development be any easier, rageee.

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
(07-06-2011, 06:25 PM)Zeemis Wrote: It's hard to find any sort of sprite-based MMORPG creator that can do what Byond did, regardless of the lag.
If you guys find one that can make an MMORPG utilizing the ATB system, tell me and we can start making something together. :3

Long live the ATB system, it seems to be dieing out sadly.

Heh, one of these days I'll actually get to work on a project with Zeemis. But now he's doing 3D stuff that I can't help with. *sadface*