Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mystic Quest Falls Basin freeze glitch

Status
None
[Image: 19-FFMQ_C7P19.png]

In Falls Basin, there are some cartridges that simply freeze up the game. As far as I know, there is something wrong with the musical track in the game, because it causes freezing to happen in the Mines as well. (I was just about to say it didn't, but after thinking about it I recall it did freeze a couple times for me, just not nearly as often as Falls Basin) The music would play normally for about 30 seconds, and then stop, and as soon as you stop moving, so does the game stop processing entirely.

After googling and responding to quite a bit of people with the same problem from throughout the years, I've come to find that this is a more common glitch than I thought. Someone from youtube said in a comment that this is a glitch from earlier versions of the game, which makes sense, but some other people claim that their problems are a little different, one being that the game worked just fine in his brother's SNES, and another guy said his froze in the Ice Temple, every time he took a few steps. I didn't know it would freeze in other places as well!

Someone named PaladinCecil from youtube even said they had the same problem I had, having two copies of the game with the same problem. Laugh

That about clears things up with the Final Fantasy Mystic Quest Falls Basin game freeze glitch. Now I'm gonna go play it and hope it doesn't end up freezing. Sad

Anyone who has this problem: You are not alone. <_<

(Credit to 'Art' for the screenshot.)

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
I hated Falls Basin, I was always getting lost or getting the puzzles mixed up. I never recall my cartrige freezing but I heard about freezing issues.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Runic
i don't like falls basin either, and my cart doesn't freeze at that point, i also have the emulated version, 1.1 i think.

"Expect an early Winter with lots of snow!" Roan's Snowball Fight move

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheArcadianKnight
I'm a serious Grandia II fan and my all-time favorite character is Roan
  Find

Status
Runic
ArcadianKnight, I also hated Ice Pyramid as well, I was stuck on that temple from 1996 and I completed it in 1998 because I just got so fed up with that place. My favorites on that one were Doom Castle, The Alive Forest, and the Volcano and Mount Gale.
  Find

Status
Runic
@Crumpledmetal: doom castle, ftw. Smile

Find

Status
None
(06-12-2011, 11:54 AM)CrumpledMedal Wrote: ArcadianKnight, I also hated Ice Pyramid as well, I was stuck on that temple from 1996 and I completed it in 1998 because I just got so fed up with that place. My favorites on that one were Doom Castle, The Alive Forest, and the Volcano and Mount Gale.

Anyone else find it kind of weird they named it the 'Alive' forest instead of something more phonetically correct like 'Living forest'? Laugh

Status
Runic
@archaic: yea, why didn't they rename it living forest, lolz. Laugh

Find

Status
Runic
I don't know exactly why, to be honest with you. I always though it was because of Character limitations. That was one of the more enjoyable areas of the game.
  Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
(06-11-2011, 09:29 AM)CrumpledMedal Wrote: I hated Falls Basin, I was always getting lost or getting the puzzles mixed up. I never recall my cartrige freezing but I heard about freezing issues.

i agree with you. falls basin was so annoying to get through. it took me months to figure out the puzzle thing with the pillars. after all mystic quest was my very first rpg i played back in late 94. to this day me and my brother call it falls bastard.
  Find

Status
Runic
@kefkaroth: lol Laugh

Find