The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Beginner's Event Editing Written Tutorial (cutscenes, action queues, etc)

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey guys, well I've been writing this Advanced Event Editing Tutorial for about 6 hours now lolz. It's not completely done, and as long as I keep finding new things concerning events, I'll be updating this file. But thanks for reading it and I really hope it increases the amount of event editing in our games!
xJCSx
Link to Download!
https://www.ff6hacking.com/documents/FF6...torial.rtf
Version 1.0.0
Thanks to Gi Nattak for his table list of all the commands!
Thanks to Lenophis for his tips and telling me about the FD command!
UPDATE:
Hey guys. I'm almost finished updating the file, but I just realized a major error in the tut that I just concerning the FD command.
What I said in the guide is that the FD command, if used to replace an action queue, will make the game pause for however many bytes you placed the FD byte.
Turns out, I was dead wrong.
I apologize immensely guys, but actually the FD command won't even be really read in the game and will just continue to the next few bytes. 
The reason I was thinking it would pause, was just a combination of bad luck and not exactly testing the command out.
You really don't have to read all this but basically just know that if you wish to skip and action queue, just FD the action queue and the game WON'T pause.
Why I messed up:
The reason I was thinking the game would pause was actually b/c the action queues that followed the action queue I FD'd would use the E0,xx byte. 
That byte is saying pause for xx frames.
That's where I started thinking the FD command was pausing. 
It wasn't - the game had already read the FD command and jumped to the next bytes that weren't FD. 
The processor will basically not even do a thing with an FD command and there'll be NO pausing whatsoever!
So yeah guys this pretty much replaces the need for those other 2 methods to "skip" action queues.
So yeah guys, enjoy FD!
xJCSx

[Image: funnysiga.jpg]

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJCSx1
  Find

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to xJCSx for this post:
  • Astaroth_ (10-21-2012), Lockirby2 (02-11-2012)

Messages In This Thread
Beginner's Event Editing Written Tutorial (cutscenes, action queues, etc) - by xJCSx - 11-16-2010, 06:30 PM