* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy 6 A Lost Dream

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Neat idea. A big Final Fantasy/Square crossover... with Street Fighter and Yu-Gi-Oh characters?

Right, well I know you like Duke Devlin, but I seriously don't see how he fits into this crossover at all. The Pikmin, Guile, and random Chrono Trigger guy as Gau are also kinda weird, but Duke Devlin just stands out since he's not even from a video game.

Apart from that, you've got a pretty cool collection of PCs with good choices for skillsets for the most part.

Some things to think about, though: Sora's Shock/Trinity is a static move. It will never change in power as you go through the game, so that means, at best, it'll be overpowered at the beginning of the game and make things too easy, somewhat balanced midgame, and completely useless at endgame. This is fine if you give him a creative Magic skillset to support it, and design the earlygame bossfights to be stronger or immune to whatever element it is. Additionally, you might look into using FlareStar's "Grows more powerful with enemy level" effect to somewhat aid in gradually increasing its strength.

The Summon command only summons the esper you currently have equipped. It summons it as many times as the player wants, and without MP cost. This effectively means that Rydia/Faris will probably never want to do anything else once she gets access to summons, as they will almost always be more powerful than the Magic/Sketch skillsets. And Free of MP cost.

You could mitigate this by decreasing esper power across the board, but then, of course, you'd have weak espers, which you may or may not like.

Also, what's the logic on why Faris has Sketch? There's no pictomancer class in FF5. You could at least give her Control, which is part of the BeastTamer skillset in FF5. To keep this skill useful, you'll probably want to turn the Control-block tag off for some of the lategame monsters.

Final thought: I notice you completely ignored the Dance and Magitek skillsets (well, except for Leo, but he doesn't count). These (and Lore) are BY FAR the easiest to modify skillsets in the game, as they can be assigned to use -any- of the 255 skills available. If you wanted to make your PCs a little more diverse, I would suggest utilizing these somewhere (perhaps instead of Shock... >.>;Wink.

One particularly interesting thing you could do is replace Summon with Dance, and then assign each Dance to only use a particular summon spell. This would give your Dancer access to 8 summons reliably. Doesn't even require Hex-editing, it's all do-able with FF3usME

Well, those are my suggestions anyway. Good luck with your hack!

Messages In This Thread
Final Fantasy 6 A Lost Dream - by .Gilgamesh// - 10-22-2010, 10:38 PM
RE: Final Fantasy 6 A Lost Dream - by SSJ Rick - 10-22-2010, 10:59 PM
RE: Final Fantasy 6 A Lost Dream - by DjinnAndTonic - 10-22-2010, 11:21 PM
RE: Final Fantasy 6 A Lost Dream - by Fire Storm - 10-23-2010, 09:29 AM
RE: Final Fantasy 6 A Lost Dream - by disfonction - 10-23-2010, 10:25 PM
RE: Final Fantasy 6 A Lost Dream - by Yuke311 - 11-02-2010, 05:31 AM
RE: Final Fantasy 6 A Lost Dream - by FEOK - 11-02-2010, 11:17 AM
RE: Final Fantasy 6 A Lost Dream - by Gi Nattak - 11-02-2010, 04:10 PM