Final Fantasy 6: Two Sides of the Same Coin

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
There. Got 'em to work. Thanks, Poco. Laugh

Yes, I suppose I should go into the newer skill sets.Surprised

Blue is basically Lore. It is essentially the same thing, but I did tweak the skills to make more than one or two useful. There are now several elemental attacks in them for example. Giga Volt, for example is now learnable and deals Lightning elemental damage to all enemies. Since a character now has Lores available during the start of the game, the enemies will be reworked to where a few of them are learnable earlier in the game.

Heretic replace Swd Tech. Heretic skills focus on disabling enemies through means of inflicting negative status effects, HP based attacks, or pure damage. For example, Minus Strike deals damage based on the difference between Judith's max and current HP. Curse Slice inflicts negative status effects(Imp, Sleep, and Darkness) on an enemy.

Dances for the time being still work the same. The only difference is they are learned later in the game. I might tweak them a bit. I would like to actually make them more useful/stable. But I really don't have much of an issue with them for the time being.

Other skill changes involve balancing the elemental spells. Fire, Ice, and Bolt all cost the same MP cost per level and have the same power. W Wind has been destroyed and replaced with Aero, a powerful wind elemental spell that targets all enemies.

Espers no longer teach magic or give any sort of bonuses when leveling up. They can still be summoned in battle, however.

The basic differences of the game are a bit more subtle. Unlike the original game, magic is still in existance, but EXTREMELY rare. The only well known case of it naturally existing is Terra, Thamasa, and the dark knights of Doma. In fact, the sole reason for the Empire attack on Doma is to eliminate the threat of this. Basically, the Empire wishes to obtain a full domination on magic and along with it the world. There are more changes, such as relationships between characters, developments into their back stories, but I really don't want to give a whole lot away just yet.

There are several things I wish to do for this hack. I would like to have a LOT of custom monsters, some custom music(any possible help with this part would be LOVED), and some extra bosses as well are planned. Naturally, this will require some custom sprites for the enemies(and maybe a field sprite or two for the special boss battles). I already have had some help with character sprites, mostly thanks to Poco as well as the two responsible for making Final Fantasy 6: A Complete Hack(http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/650/). I don't know their names, but they're responsible for the sprites that Loco helped to refine.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy 6: Two Sides of the Same Coin - by Alby4t5 - 10-13-2010, 03:09 PM