Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Hack Premises/Ideas

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Debrave
I like your ideas, Gi Nattak, but two of them really stand out as great.

(03-13-2017, 05:03 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: - A player vs player ala shadow in the colosseum hack. Could utilize the 2 player option for maximum efficiency.

I really, really love this idea. A true duel (pun intended) between two player characters would be awesome.

(03-13-2017, 05:03 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: - Choosing Lone Wolf instead of Mog, he will join your team instead, with a unique skill and dialog.

I had an idea of wanting Lone Wolf to be a playable character, but what I like about yours is that you actually make an element of sacrifice to get him and make that choice at the Narshe cliff to have weight.

Plus, having a third dedicated thief would make it easier to steal from all the bosses in Kefka's Tower, instead of equipping a Thief Knife on a character without access to the Steal command and hoping for the best.

Anyway, here are my half-baked ideas (aside from the one I'm working on).

An Intelligent New Game+

There are plenty of hacks that have New Game + elements, but most of those simply carry over everything. One patch does reset levels, but not stats to allow people to max out their stats. Everything else remains the same as endgame, though.

I'd like a New Game + to have the following features:

- Blanks out all spell usage by everyone except Celes and Terra prior to Zozo, and then everyone has access to what spells are already learned.
- Allow for a "Storm the Empire" option where instead of playing the game normally, you can take the fight to the Empire and then get different endings depending on when you attack it. In this version, you would fight against Gestahl himself as the final boss, not Kefka (who would be the next to the last boss).
-Golden Apples and stat-boosting consumables are available in playthroughs to avoid grinding (yes, I know there's a patch that does this, but this would be an inherent part of the hack).

EDIT: (12/19/17) I just came up with another idea for a New Game+, one that would incoporate B-Run's patch. And it's one would play the game normally and it would proceed as normally until it is beaten, when everything resets. However, the next time around it would involve certain differences introduced in other hacks, including new characters (like Leo), event changes (like PowerPanda's Divergent Paths) or gameplay changes (Esper restriction, magic sharing? etc). Perhaps those hacks would be recreated entirely in an expanded ROM, providing a unique way to replay the game, somewhat like a Second Quest or Master Quest, instead of the idea above which would be more suited for the SDK.

Per-Character Inherent Statues

I've skirted around this before, but this would be a simple tweak on the surface. Each major playable character except Gau would have a status immunity or status benefit. This would balance out the game and give individuality without changing its core. I've bounced this around in my head a few times, and this is what I would set at the moment.

Terra - Break Immunuity (but not other Instant Death conditions)
Locke - Imp immunity
Edgar, Sabin - Poison Immunity
Celes - Freeze and Berzerk Immunity (gets two because neither is used all that often)
Shadow - Stop Immunity
Cyan - Auto-Regen
Setzer - Zombie Immunity
Strago - Auto-Safe
Relm - Auto-Haste
Mog - Mute Immunity

Gau, Umaro, Gogo, and guests won't be so lucky.

Final Fantasy VI: Lycan Edition

Final Fantasy VI with werewolves!

No, not everyone would be replaced by werewolves, just Locke. There would also be a playable Lone Wolf, who would replace Umaro, but would retain the trademark uncontrollability (except Lone Wolf would uncontrollably Steal and Capture).

Essentially, though, it would be Final Fantasy Vi except for a few tweaks. Imp status would be replaced by "Wolven" status which would change characters into humanoid wolves.  Unlike Imp, attack power would be increased (even more so with "Wolven" equipment like the Wolf Pike), but defense would be decreased. The Item command would also be sealed off unless the full Wolven suite were equipped. It would not make anyone berserk inherently and much like Imp one could cast the "Lycan" spell again to become normal and that would be the only spell avaialble. However, there would be enemies who would set Wolven + Berzerk or Wolven + Confuse...and the Fenrir summon would set a bunch of positive statuses (Regen, Haste, Shell, and Safe) as well as Wolven and Mute. So there would be incentive to "wolf out" as well as to collect "Wolven" equipment.

The Green Cherry would be renamed "Hubert's Key."

Locke and Lone Wolf would be inherenty immune to this status by virtue of being werewolves, so it's an extension of the idea above. I'd also probably add an area/town of werewolves not just as a nod to Final Fantasy V but to establish them as a tribe instead of there being Lone Wolf and Locke running around for no reason.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Hack Premises/Ideas - by Gi Nattak - 03-13-2017, 05:03 PM
RE: Hack Premises/Ideas - by assassin - 03-13-2017, 07:44 PM
RE: Hack Premises/Ideas - by seibaby - 03-14-2017, 08:00 AM
RE: Hack Premises/Ideas - by Turbotastic - 03-14-2017, 03:24 PM
RE: Hack Premises/Ideas - by CrumpledMedal - 03-14-2017, 11:49 PM
RE: Hack Premises/Ideas - by Fenrir - 03-15-2017, 10:52 AM
RE: Hack Premises/Ideas - by PowerPanda - 04-15-2017, 12:36 PM
RE: Hack Premises/Ideas - by Timbo - 04-16-2017, 02:24 AM
RE: Hack Premises/Ideas - by PowerPanda - 04-16-2017, 02:19 PM
RE: Hack Premises/Ideas - by ScarabEnigma - 04-15-2017, 04:25 PM