Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Order in menu

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
I admittedly haven't dealt with rages at all, so I guess I'm working from a more limited understanding of the kind of work you've already done.

In C3, spell names are drawn with a function starting at C3/4F87, and there's a function at C3/4F61 that appears to handle B/W/G ordering. You could proooooobably write a table with your preferred spell-order-by-ID for it to work from, but I haven't dived very far into these functions yet so I'm not 100% sure yet where/when it's grabbing the spell ID.

It gets a little more complicated in C2, because of the way the games builds in-battle spell lists -- first it builds a list of all spells known by all characters. There is some leeway here; because the game removes rows that don't have any spells known (there's a glitch here because it checks three spells at a time, not two, because the JP version had three spells per row), it stores the spell ID itself. Everything here starts at C2/5551, where it builds the in-battle esper/magic/lore list that then gets refined by character.

Espers in C3 are at /5486. As I understand it, they're stored similarly to how rages are stored, so you can probably adapt whatever method you have there. You may need to be careful with it, though, so that you can still open up individual espers to look at their spells-taught list?

I'm not sure about characters for shop/party menu; I didn't see anything with a quick search for $1600 (where character IDs are stored); try doing a search for the RAM address where characters-recruited is stored? I don't know that off-hand and it's not in the RAM map I have.

B-Run: Yeah, resorting manually would only work with default sorting, so it's not a perfect solution, but if you did go this route, the standard B/G/W sorting (... I'm pretty sure that's the default? XD I haven't looked at that in a while since I'm messing around with it COMPLETELY for Tensei) should give you the list of spells, 1-54, in the order they exist in the ROM data. You shouldn't need to touch the code for it to work.

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Order in menu - by fedorajoe - 12-31-2016, 03:40 AM
RE: Order in menu - by GrayShadows - 12-31-2016, 09:36 PM
RE: Order in menu - by B-Run - 12-31-2016, 10:05 PM
RE: Order in menu - by fedorajoe - 01-01-2017, 06:36 PM
RE: Order in menu - by GrayShadows - 01-01-2017, 07:26 PM
RE: Order in menu - by assassin - 01-01-2017, 07:49 PM
RE: Order in menu - by assassin - 03-01-2017, 12:34 AM