Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Iris Event Idea Submissions/Discussion

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
When/Where/Why?
I agree with the idea that you meet Iris at the Magitek Factory. I even like the idea of her trailing the party the way Vargas does earlier. Though I don't think she should join at this point, I think the opposite. Iris is in the factory to free the espers, she witnesses you fighting Shiva and Ifrit (though she may have fled before the end of the fight) she instead fights against you (plus you could use that monster sprite I made for her, lol) and add her as a new boss inside of the factory. Because of some sort of misunderstanding you fight her in the Esper Tank room where you knock her unconscious. The scene would then play out, but the party take Iris with them since she was only trying to save the Espers. This would introduce her to the party, while not affecting the airship fight with the cranes. She can wake up after the battle when the party returns to Zozo, where they explain what really happened and why they were in the Factory. Iris joins them (not as a playable character) as they return to Terra to witness if they were being honest or not (while being fully prepared to fight them again). She would be very cold towards the party, even after witnessing Terra's recovery, because she would have a problem with letting the Espers die and turn into Magicite. That could also be a issue with her, she refuses to accept the Espers deaths. This would make her ability Fuse even more sinister in nature since she is using the very thing she wants to prevent in order to tap into her power.

Relationships
I see Iris forming a close bond with Gau and Celes. While Terra was certainly the star minion in the Empire, she was not someone they actually experimented on (excluding the Slave Crown). Celes would be able to somewhat empathize with Iris as they both had their lives changed by the actions of the Empire. Gau, being the feral child he is, would be able to soothe and communicate with the bestial side of Iris that she tries desperately to quell and hide. Those two characters would be able to understand her in ways that no one else truly could. While Terra and Iris could form a bond from the similar feelings of loneliness and how they are the only beings of their kind, their circumstances are entirely different. Where Terra was the creation from the love of an Esper and a Human, Iris was the creation from the greed and hatred of the Empire.

Altered Scenes
I feel Iris wouldn't have that much against Kefka personally. He wasn't the experimenter, and was mentally shattered by an experiment to him as well. If anything I think Iris would try to understand Kefka whenever they meet. She would see in him a sort of kinship born from torment. Other than the Magitek Factory battle and ensuing scenes, I think that would be the major alterations, additional dialogue between Kefka and her. In the Floating Continent he might even have a chance of convincing her to betray the party like he attempts with Celes.

New Scenes
There are a lot of new scenes I could think of when it comes to her character. Namely, I'm thinking of scenes that revolve around her relationships to Celes, Terra, and Gau. Iris would bring new scenes to the game that truly explore the ugliness of humanity. The experiments that separated Celes from normal humans, the things that the Empire forced Terra to do, the abandonment and mistreatment of Gau. It would not only flesh out Iris as a character, but also the other three. She would make them face a side of them that they may not want to see, and certainly may not like about themselves.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Iris Event Idea Submissions/Discussion - by B-Run - 09-27-2016, 10:37 AM
RE: Iris Event Idea Submissions/Discussion - by Sutebenukun - 11-12-2016, 09:56 PM