Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Iris Event Idea Submissions/Discussion

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
When / Where / Why?
I feel like the most natural place to introduce Iris is during the trip to the Magitek facility.  Her primary motivation for being there would be to destroy the place that brought her so much pain and suffering.  My thoughts are that you could have several events where you see her walking around the place (assuming we can acquire enough event tiles to make it effective), similarly to how Vargas stalks you around Mt. Kolts at the beginning of the game.  Maybe even have a scene right at the beginning of the dungeon where the party speaks to her as an NPC and she runs away in fear, thinking they might be there to recapture her.

I think she could rejoin for good at the end of the Magitek Facility, right when Celes leaves.  Instead of the party flicking a random switch to destroy the capsules, Iris could instead blast the capsules open with undefined magical powers (such as raising her arms and making the screen glow white).  She could also interact during the cutscene before that, but I'm not immediately sure how to make it play out.  Then Iris could be part of the party during the Mine Cart Escape sequence.

The only issue that this causes is messing with Setzer's introduction during the Cranes fight.  I really don't think that Setzer should be removed from this fight because it's the game's way of saying "Setzer is also fighting battles now".   I also think that it seems awkward to just have four people fight when all five are onscreen.  And we can't use the excuse "Somebody needs to pilot the airship" because only Setzer knows how to pilot the airship at that point.  So I'm thinking that just before the fight, the Cranes could shake the deck during the event and knock Locke (or perhaps Iris) out.  Then we have the usual party of four.

Relationships
I heartily agree that Iris should interact with Cid (and forgive him for the problems he has caused her) if he's saved in the WoR.  On that note, I really think Cid should interact with Locke as well, although that has nothing to do with this project of course.  Tongue   We could contrast this to a complete lack of forgiveness earlier in the game (and therefore show some character development) by having her flip out on Leo (who most of the other characters see as trustworthy) at some point.  However, she should still have sympathy for Celes, and possibly Kefka, since they were both experimented on as well.  In addition, as I brought up in the other thread, Gau and her should probably interact at some point since they both have a feral nature.  This would also help to flesh Gau out.  When this should happen is certainly up for debate, as I'm really not sure.

Altered Scenes
Other than the parts I mentioned in the introduction, I suspect that many changes to existing scenes will be minor and too numerous to list succinctly.  I feel that rather than brainstorming for this we will need to simply take it step by step and iterate through the game's events.

New Scenes
Maybe during the part of the game after the banquet where all the party members are walking around, Iris could return to the house in Vector where she used to live.  If the party talks to her she could explain the parts of her backstory before the experimentation, or at least give hints to it.  I don't think she'll need a ton of scenes in the WoB though.  Between Edgar, Sabin, Cyan and Setzer, the only time the game explicitly devotes time to making a major development to a particular character in the WoB (at least, after their introduction) is during the Coin of Fate cutscenes.  Most of the cutscenes focus on the plot but also flesh out the characters at the same time.  So as far as the WoB is concerned, I think we should mostly modify existing scenes in order to make her feel more like part of the ensemble. Otherwise she'll stick out like a sore thumb.

Confused Moogles FTW

Messages In This Thread
Iris Event Idea Submissions/Discussion - by B-Run - 09-27-2016, 10:37 AM
RE: Iris Event Idea Submissions/Discussion - by Lockirby2 - 10-01-2016, 11:31 AM