Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6hacking Twitch account idea

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 4
Status
Blind
right on. I guess I was kinda leaning towards friday evening to do up a musick thing, probably make it into some sort of tutorial. should be good times.
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Sounds great. PM coming you way.

Just a note for everyone:
The reason we are asking for specifically when you plan to stream is so we don't hand out the stream key to people who are on the fence or may not get around to using it. This process helps us keep the stream secure and reduces how often the admin team needs to update the stream key.

I'm really looking forward to a music stream. I'd love to understand the process a bit better, my own forays into music hacking weren't completely unsuccessful, but it definitely lacked the polish and depth that people like Jackimus and Gi Nattak work into their songs.
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Hey everyone, here's the banner we made on the stream last night, check out the recording on youtube if you'd like to see how to do something like this for your own projects!

[Image: FF6twitchbanner_zps0mdvdx29.png]

Also, don't forget to come check out Jackimus stream tonight on the new channel!

https://www.twitch.tv/ff6hacking
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B-Run for this post:
  • madsiur (07-29-2016)

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 4
Status
Blind
that banner looks friggen great! fun stream last night too, pity I was a little late to the party.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
nice graphic
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
So who else is interested in streaming on the official twitch channel? We've got it now, and we'd love to have you stream!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(08-05-2016, 12:12 PM)B-Run Wrote: So who else is interested in streaming on the official twitch channel? We've got it now, and we'd love to have you stream!

I'd like to do maybe Monday evening, later in the week or next weekend an ASM task with little preparation that can be finished in an hour or so. I'm open to ideas so it might be the time to get something done for your own hack (speaking to everyone)*. Otherwise any suggestion is welcome. I would prefer something in C2 (battle) or something like a new event command in C0. I'll be using an asssembler.

If I like the experience, I'll repeat it.

Suggest stuff!

In the case of multiple suggestions, I will choose the one that I feel like doing or seems the most appropriate or fun.
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Acutally, I'd like to see a "do anything" event command, where the parameters you add to it tell it what code to run, that way we don't have to worry about running out of event commands for custom commands. I was going to do it myself at some point, but this would certainly save me the effort. This would be really appropriate for 1-shot commands that don't need to be called over and over again in different circumstances so they wouldn't need to be very dynamic.

Tho hypothetically, you could set up additional parameters with event bits, or event commands that set up RAM. Speaking of which, an event command where you use 2 parameter bytes to select a RAM location and one parameter byte for an 8-bit value to put there would pair nicely with it... tho misuse of such a command could ruin a game or SRAM. But it would be a powerful hackers tool for events.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
There's already a bunch of "one-shot" commands like that in the vanilla code, so replacing all of those with the "do anything" command would already free up a bunch of potential commands. That would be pretty sweet.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 21
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
One way to include many event commands in one is having the first parameter serve as an index to a jump table. This will effectively turn the event command index into a 16-bit index at the cost of one less maximum parameters.

Code:
A6 EB    # LDX $EB
7C 13 D8 # JMP $D813,X

So this can be pretty simple, but note the parameters of the command will now start at $EC. This solution also requires the jump table and code to be located in the same bank (C0).

If we want our 16-bit event command to call event commands from a different bank (like expanded memory) we would wrap the whole thing with a long jump.

Code:
5C 00 00 F0 # JML $F00000

@ F00000:
    A6 EB    # LDX $EB
    7C 05 00 # JMP $0005,X

@B-Run I agree it's nice to have flexible event commands but I think hardcoding offsets and RAM locations can be dangerous and not the best way to go. The idea of an abstraction layer like event commands is to make the code more dynamic so ASM code can be changed without changes in events. A RAM setting function is basically extending the event bit functions to address the whole RAM, I don't see all that needed for events. We want to deal with high level objects in the game like characters, items, spells etc. if we wanted low level control we would write events in ASM. So think abstract be specific.

I'm interested in doing more streaming, I need to figure out a schedule though. I'm hyped for Madsiur stream, it'll be good.
  Find