Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Pony Fantasy VI Remake

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 43
Status
None
Does anyone know where the graphics for the fiery Sabins used in Fire Dance are stored? Pony Fantasy VI did the hard part and turned them into flaming Lunas, I just need to know where the graphics are found so I can copy them over. The Battle Animation/D0 doc only seems to list the info for how the sprites are placed when using Fire Dance.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Didn't I already send you a patch that replaced them?  I can check where they are when I get home.
  Find

Status
None
I recall it being mentioned before, but if you sent me an actual patch it's gone. Sorry.
  Find

Status
None
Another technical shortcoming. It seems that if multiple equipment pieces with +HP/MP are equipped, they cannot stack, only the biggest boost will take effect. Can this be changed? I see from the C2 assembly how the bits for those three effects work, but maybe someone made a patch or a workaround?
  Find

Status
None
Is that a no? If so it isn't a big deal but I'd still be open to a workaround.

Having an oddity with my new boss battle. It executes properly, but when the party is wiped out, rather than a Game Over, we respawn in front of the NPC that initiates the battle with all the party members dead. This is the precise code used:

[Image: 2uokqh2kj3UJ.png]

Code:
CC/FE20: B0    If ($1E80($0CD) [$1E99, bit 5] is clear), branch to $CCFE39
CC/FE26: 55    Flash screen with color component(s) 6 (Yellow [Red + Green]), at intensity 0
CC/FE28: F4    Play sound effect 109
CC/FE2A: 91    Pause for 15 units
CC/FE2B: 55    Flash screen with color component(s) 10 (Magenta [Red + Blue]), at intensity 0
CC/FE2D: F4    Play sound effect 109
CC/FE2F: 91    Pause for 15 units
CC/FE30: 55    Flash screen with color component(s) 12 (Cyan [Green + Blue]), at intensity 0
CC/FE32: F4    Play sound effect 109
CC/FE34: 94    Pause for 30 units
CC/FE35: 4D    Invoke battle, enemy set $9A, background $23 (underwater)
CC/FE38: 96    Restore screen from fade.
CC/FE39: FE    Return.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
You'll need to include the subroutine for the game over directly following the battle code or else it won't do it. Look at examples in the event dump for nearly every battle to see the subroutine in question, I'd post it here but I'm on my phone. The subroutine jumps to the game over event if the party is wiped out.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Yeah, you need to call subroutine $CA5EA9

CA/5EA9: B7 If bit $1DC9($40) [$1DD1, bit 0] is clear, branch to $CA5EB2
CA/5EAE: B2 Call subroutine $CCE566
CA/5EB2: FE Return

Which is sort of like if win continue and of not go to CC/E566 which is the game over event.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Status
None
Thanks. I'd presumed the Game Over stuff was automatic with being KO'd.

An oversight concerning an NPC in Doma Castle that is one of the new bonus bosses. I wanted it to appear after completing Cyan's dreamscape, so I gave it the same data as the Magicite in the throne room.

[Image: 2urThMeGrss5.png]

Problem now is that when you pick up the Magicite, the NPC disappears. Looking at the code for picking up Alexander's magicite, I see it clears that event bit when you grab it. I removed the clearing, but now the Magicite respawns in the throne room each time you re-enter and can be re-acquired. So I'm not sure what to do. I'm thinking perhaps it would be best to use an unused event bit tacked onto the completion of Cyan's dream and set the NPC on it?

Code:
CB/9A7A: F4    Play sound effect 141
CB/9A7C: 86    Give esper $44 (Alexandr) to party
CB/9A7E: 42    Hide object $17
CB/9A80: 42    Hide object $18
CB/9A82: 3E    Delete object $17
CB/9A84: 3E    Delete object $18
CB/9A86: DB    Clear event bit $1E80($549) [$1F29, bit 1]
CB/9A88: 45    Refresh objects
CB/9A89: 4B    Display dialogue message $0AEF, wait for button press (At bottom of screen)

Received the Magicite
               “Alexandr.”
CB/9A8C: FE    Return
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Yeah, I feel like using a brand new unused event bit would be a good option.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
There should probably be another event set when you complete the dream to prevent you from accessing it again.  Compare the flags set one completing the dream scenario to the ones checked when you sleep in Doma Castle.
  Find