* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Let me just be clear, I'm not mad, pissed, or insulted. As I said it was/is completely pointless to continue that conversation. I never said viewing the coliseum data was bad, I did imply that allowing free access to the information on every race, period, is not completely harmless. It basically turns it into a swap shop, not exactly, but yes basically it does.

It also removes part of the gamble, with that list, every racer knows and has access to the same gear as the other racers. Without that knowledge, Player 1 could choose to hunt for a great item, while Player 2 runs for the finish line ignoring the gamble entirely. Is there a 100% that player 1 will find something game changing? No, but a chance yes. So lets say Player 1 stopped and played the coliseum, and got lucky. They are behind because of that time spent but have the better gear. Player 2 without spending the time, is way ahead, then gets raped by a boss, while player 1 walks through it because they were the one with the elemental protection, all because they took the chance while player 2 didn't.

With the information, all players know they can get an elemental protection easily, so everybody does it. Later down the road, everybody walks over the next boss because everybody has that extra gear, no change of who's in the lead. That gamble just turned into a free pass for everyone.

Am I saying "never! Such information will doom the world!"? Not by a long shot, but why is it so difficult to see how one piece of info, takes away just as much as any other piece of info that could be obtained? Sure, allow it every now and then, but a as a set- every run rule? It is not harmless. Even more so when you talk racing among several players.

And yes, I do support "stepping outside of your comfort zone" for the occasional race. It would keep things interesting. Frankly, the only thing that really needs to be set and constant would be a way of determining a winner at a set time limit, someway that allows for a set time limit but still takes into account who was really winning.

Regardless of what/where/why, I'm gonna actually get my ass out of this conversation for real this time. And again, I'm not holding a grudge here, I'm just not gonna continue to attempt to discuss it.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by Catone - 10-20-2015, 11:39 PM
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by B-Run - 05-24-2016, 07:40 AM
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by B-Run - 06-13-2016, 09:28 AM