Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Quote:Okay, lets cut that down just a bit more to:

"Who's faster"

Lockirby2 said exactly what i wanted to hear... the fact is not promote a certain set of skill, if those skill are not gaming skills(speedrunners surely plan their speedrun before starting, but here there's not even planning involved, since you read it while racing and it's still not a gaming skill)

Quote: what is the difference between a player choosing to attempt an instant death move on a boss, (taking the gamble of wasting that turn, or winning instantly) vs choosing to attempt to look up the same info not knowing if it is or is not there?

Gamble is random and wasting a turn might mean gameover(and being reached from the others) search a weakness is a matter of typing boss's name and make a quick find search of not more than 10 seconds... not really a risky gamble, the first one has also more in common with random factor.

Quote:But I also agree with Catone that mixing it up and using different rules every now and again is probably more fun than finding the "best" way to race and playing it over and over
Actually i'm the first one who talked about making on request themed races, in which it was possible to race with different sets of flags and/or (in particular) adding secret codes to all the flags used... even if i wanna do my first race without changing rules i'm not against rule variation, still i'd like much more that the variation would revolve more around flags and codes rather than the way of consulting the guide(that's a funny way to define it a rule variation)
I was fighting for consulting only Colosseum prizes because if you include only that then it was possible to include it among standard rules and not an exception, since not doing it would just kill colosseum feature in a race.

We need to quickly define what will be standard and not an exception since we're already wasting a lot of time discussing now... one thing would be if we complete 2 cycles of races(i'll define cycle as tournament starting from now) each week, but we barely manage to handle one tournament within an entire month!
It's so slow that hearing that it will be played a rule that i completely dislike sounds more like: "great, i won't race for an entire month..."

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by Tenkarider - 10-20-2015, 12:03 AM
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by B-Run - 05-24-2016, 07:40 AM
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by B-Run - 06-13-2016, 09:28 AM