* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(10-17-2015, 05:28 PM)abyssonym Wrote: I do think you need to fight some things in the first zone, but after you pick up a Genji Armor or Mirage Vest or Snow Muffler, etc., you won't need many levels to stay alive.

Those were my thoughts on the matter. Like I said, you'd still need to probably play the cave with a party still to get stuff like that, but with one OP set of equipment the other parties could feasibly rush the cave.

(10-17-2015, 05:28 PM)abyssonym Wrote:
  • Like the ancient cave mode, the speed cave will have regular item shops.
  • The exp curve has been adjusted to lower requirements a bit for levels below 50.
  • Esper pickups will be more common in the earlier zones of the speed cave.
  • Party members found in the cave will join the active party if it's not full. As an aside to this, the speed cave will only start you with between 6 and 9 characters, instead of the full 12. I feel like this would be more interesting and reduce the burden of party planning at the beginning of the game.

I really like lowering the EXP curve a bit to make up for the lower amount of time to gain levels. I'm not sure I like the party member changes though, as I liked having to make decisions about who to put where, and now a bunch of characters are just going to be added to random teams that they might fit with or not. What are some other thoughts on the matter (besides Abyss', obviously)?

(10-17-2015, 05:28 PM)abyssonym Wrote: I haven't pushed the update yet because I don't really grok the proposed endgame nerf. I don't see the advantages of nerfing the endgame over simply not playing it. Rather than cut out endgame content, I'd rather leave it in and let people choose for themselves whether or not they want to play the whole thing. Not randomizing monsters is also an option.

I like the endgame nerf because I like the idea of having a game that has a raceable endgame with randomized monsters. I'd prefer to actually have an endgame to play, and I also prefer having monsters randomized. It's just what I think the ideal endgame would be. Well, for these races, anyways. An endgame difficulty spike is still a difficulty spike. Like Tenka said, it can be a separate mode for this kind of race and have Speedcave just be a shorter version of Ancient Cave whereas Racecave is just meant for racing. It's not cutting out endgame content either IMO; it's just adjusting the endgame content to mesh with the rest of Racecave's design.

That being said, despite complaining about the endgame issues I wanted to re-iterate that I think the race worked out great and was a lot of fun! Just wanted to throw that out there to reduce some of the focus from the negative here. Tongue

Confused Moogles FTW

Messages In This Thread
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by Lockirby2 - 10-17-2015, 06:23 PM
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by B-Run - 05-24-2016, 07:40 AM
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by B-Run - 06-13-2016, 09:28 AM