* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
I do think you need to fight some things in the first zone, but after you pick up a Genji Armor or Mirage Vest or Snow Muffler, etc., you won't need many levels to stay alive.

Anyway, I'll be making another update soon... I have a better idea of things to change when people are actively using the randomizer. Here's some changes I've got so far:
  • Like the ancient cave mode, the speed cave will have regular item shops.
  • The exp curve has been adjusted to lower requirements a bit for levels below 50.
  • Esper pickups will be more common in the earlier zones of the speed cave.
  • Party members found in the cave will join the active party if it's not full. As an aside to this, the speed cave will only start you with between 6 and 9 characters, instead of the full 12. I feel like this would be more interesting and reduce the burden of party planning at the beginning of the game.

I haven't pushed the update yet because I don't really grok the proposed endgame nerf. I don't see the advantages of nerfing the endgame over simply not playing it. Rather than cut out endgame content, I'd rather leave it in and let people choose for themselves whether or not they want to play the whole thing. Not randomizing monsters is also an option.

I could maybe change the rate of difficulty scaling, if you guys think that would be a good idea. But changing the rate of difficulty scaling means more difficult encounters early on, so the endgame doesn't come on so suddenly. It could easily backfire.

https://github.com/abyssonym/beyondchaos
Beyond Chaos is a full-game randomizer for FF6.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by abyssonym - 10-17-2015, 05:28 PM
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by B-Run - 05-24-2016, 07:40 AM
RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos - by B-Run - 06-13-2016, 09:28 AM